Storing Loose Game Gear Carts?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Storing Loose Game Gear Carts?

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 30th, 2022, 1:23 pm

Anybody figured out a good way of storing loose Game Gear carts? There is something about that shape that makes them hard to store. And trying to find the right one is even harder. Any suggestions besides throwing them into a shoebox?

pacman000

Re: Storing Loose Game Gear Carts?

Postby pacman000 » July 30th, 2022, 11:19 pm

Do those plastic clamshell cases stack better than loose carts? I’d assume they weren’t designed to be stored without those cases.

Weird suggestion, but maybe you could store them in a spice rack? Or would that be too thin?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 31st, 2022, 9:15 am

The clamshells are actually worse because they are rounded and won't stand at all. So that's out.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » July 31st, 2022, 1:02 pm

I've seen a lot of specialized trays and racks for storing them, which is ridiculous but not as ridiculous as the shape of the cartridges themselves.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » August 3rd, 2022, 12:11 am

I spent a lot of time searching for Game Gear ideas when I made the “portables shelf” in my gameroom. Here’s a link to my photos when I first set it up, along with Amazon links to what products I used:

https://videogamecritic.com/forums/view ... s&start=20

I didn’t use anything specifically designed for Game Gear - I just improvised instead. You’ll see, I used tiered trays for Game Gear games. While only some of the games are visible, there are actually a few more games hidden behind each one. So each tray holds like 30 games.

For Gameboy, NGPC, etc., I used more standard trays. They don’t display the games, but they’re great otherwise. For any of these trays, the Amazon links are in that post.

Return to “Classic Gaming”