Bunch of Underrrated Wii Games

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
CaptainCruch

Bunch of Underrrated Wii Games

Postby CaptainCruch » September 4th, 2022, 10:03 am

So, I really like the Wii. Here's a bunch of games I thought were really games, but I never heard anybody talk about:
1. MySims Agents - very fun and light hearted point & click adventure games. Excellent control, nice puzzles and a nice story.
2. Ghost Recon - this more a kind of on-rails shooter. Excellent multiplayer options, but the singeplayer is also fun if you are looking for simple and statisfying shooter action.
3. Rogue Trooper - probably the closest thing to Gears of War on the Wii. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Have any of you played these games and what did you think of them?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Bunch of Underrrated Wii Games

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 4th, 2022, 10:56 am

Thanks for bringing these to our attention. I'm intrigued by Ghost Recon.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » September 4th, 2022, 3:03 pm

One that I fell in love with that I've never seen anyone else even mention was Minicopter: Adventure Flight. You fly RC helicopters and complete various tasks and missions.

I suspect some people saw the low budget nature of it and just figured it was shovelware. And of those that did try it, I think many probably used the default Wii motion controls and were turned off. But plug in a Wii Classic Controller and the controls shine.

I loved it so much that it led to me tracking down every RC helicopter game that I could find (2 US PS1 games and 4 PAL PS2 games at last count).

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » September 4th, 2022, 3:53 pm

I definitely enjoyed Rogue Trooper, as well - though, myself, I played it on the Xbox. I'd imagine the Wii game is pretty much the same? Maybe I'll do some digging today and see how they compare.

As a huge fan of anything 2000 AD, I snapped up Rogue Trooper without a second thought. I felt it was a much more sound game than Dredd vs Death, which had come out a few years prior. I'll always love all things Dredd, and while that game had some highlights (being able to verbally assault / harass people into surrendering, making arrests for mundane things such as "possession of a goldfish," switching settings on the Lawgiver) and a great multiplayer co-op mode, I found the main game to be lacking. I don't think I ever finished it.

Trooper, on the other hand, I saw all the way through. A solid game. Haven't thought about it in ages :)

Return to “Classic Gaming”