Donkey Kong Country Levels

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Zack Burner

Donkey Kong Country Levels

Postby Zack Burner » November 18th, 2022, 5:46 pm

Since getting back from beautiful Argentia, I decided on a nice game topic, the levels of the famous 3D series with the ape. What does Argentina have to do with it? Well, part of the adventure was going to Iguazu Falls, where I found some monkeys! With that out of the way, here are the levels I think stand out the most, boss fights too.

DKC1:
Jungle Hijinx - the level that starts you off, with nice lush graphics, a bouncy rhythm, and a good amount of surprises, hearkening back to the time when I first played the game at Sears all the way back when it first came out in 1994, and it stuck with me ever since.
Coral Capers - the first underwater level, with great background graphics, and of course the hauntingly beautiful theme "Aquatic Ambiance" playing, what's not to like?
Mine Cart Carnage - a real rollercoaster of a level, with awesome music to perfectly capture the peril
Temple Tempest - This level rolls out the Indiana Jones feel with the gnawty stones chasing you amongst the Aztec ruins.
Orang-utan Gang - A great level with the Manky Kongs rolling out the barrels of trouble, if you're fast (and skillful enough) you can have DK use the ground slap on them!
Bumble B Rumble - There are only three entertaining bosses in this game, and this is one of them.
Blackout Basement - Oh man, this level had me ripping my hair out time and time again.
Boss Dumb Drum - The 2nd entertaining boss fight with a nice touch of variety.
Gangplank Galleon - The 3rd and most entertaining boss fight with King K, Rool himself

DKC2:
Gangplank Galley - One of the better earlier levels that really rolls out the pirate theme.
Red-Hot Ride - the idea of balloons over lava is a good idea to pace yourself.
Kleever's Kiln - Diddy and Dixie have every reason to be freaked out by this thing! Gave many young players nightmares, Dixie is the best choice for this foe.
Rattle Battle - of the animal buddies in DKC2, Rattly is my favorite and for good reason, he's so much fun to play as, and this level perfects it with the jaunty fun theme playing with a nice mix of jazz and ragtime adding to the fabulous fun of bopping baddies.
Kudgel's Kontest - A regular big bad kremlin makes a nice challenging boss battle, Diddy is the character of choice here.
Target Terror and Rickety Race - Both of these are awesome roller coaster fun.
Bramble Scramble - of the many bramble levels this one is the most tolerable and fun of them as at least you have Squitter to help you out.
Haunted Hall - What makes this roller coaster level so memorable? Being chases by that creepy ghost!
Web Woods - Squitter again with my favorite level of him, as you look around for secrets.
K. Rool Duel - When you first start hearing the epic music you know you're in for a tough epic fight.

DKC3:
Big Belcha - an original boss fight, if somewhat goofy.
Squrt Showdown - another original boss fight.

Can't think of more for number 3 but feel free to add!

Return to “Classic Gaming”