Sierra (computer game publisher)

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
ActRaiser

Re: Sierra (computer game publisher)

Postby ActRaiser » May 31st, 2024, 2:25 pm

Gentlegamer wrote:see if it loads now

Looks good!

jon

Postby jon » May 31st, 2024, 3:06 pm

No comment

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » May 31st, 2024, 8:26 pm

Looks like the gif link keeps crapping out, here is the video

https://youtu.be/OKdDaicCbcw?si=nkHzKWWATrXPBb7k

Final attempt at imbed

comchia

Postby comchia » June 2nd, 2024, 2:01 am

I love the artwork and effort of vintage Sierra titles, though with how brutal some of them get, I don't play them as often as others would, especially the King's Quest franchise.

In terms of gameplay, I loved Space Quest III and IV the most. I also loved the SCI version of the first Police Quest, and how procedural that game was.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » June 8th, 2024, 3:36 pm

They published two adventure games by Dynamix (primarily a developer of flight simulators) that I like a lot, Rise of the Dragon and Heart of China. Both are overtly "inspired" by Harrison Ford movies (Blade Runner and Indiana Jones) and rough around the edges in their design, but their atmospheric visuals and charismatic pulpy writing really set them apart. Dynamix had another Sierra-published adventure game as well, The Adventures of Willy Beamish, but I haven't heard too many good things about that one, and what I've seen of it doesn't appeal much to me.

For Sierra's main franchises, my favorite music critic has written several deeply insightful reviews that I would be remiss not to link. The reviews for King's Quest IV and the first Gabriel Knight are particularly worthy reads.

Return to “Classic Gaming”