Adventure II for the Atari 5200

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 16th, 2007, 8:02 pm

I recently purchased a copy of Adventure II from Atari Age, and so far it's been everything I was hoping for: Excellent graphics, well-constructed levels, tons of variations, and a lot of fun.  While there are a few new wrinkles, the gameplay is surprisingly faithful to the original.  Yes, you still control a square, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Has anybody else had a chance to play this?  Look for a full review soon.

Funkmaster V

Postby Funkmaster V » June 18th, 2007, 7:03 pm

Yeah, I heard this was the bomb-diggity. Cant wait to see what you think about it. This may force me to buy a 5200... but probably not.

Conversely, I just picked up Chuck Norris: Missing in Action for the 7800. Can't wait to dig into this old missing prototype to see if it is worth a poo or not.

FUNK

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » June 18th, 2007, 8:11 pm

[QUOTE=Funkmaster V]Yeah, I heard this was the bomb-diggity. Cant wait to see what you think about it. This may force me to buy a 5200... but probably not.

Conversely, I just picked up Chuck Norris: Missing in Action for the 7800. Can't wait to dig into this old missing prototype to see if it is worth a poo or not.

FUNK
[/QUOTE]

The way I hear it Adventure 2 will be making the jump to 8-bit computers.  I'm going to be asking my fiancee (wife by then) for an XEGS or 800 and some games or something for Christmas, so I'll probably wait. 

My copies of Missing in Action and Beef Drop 7800 (pokey) are on the way.  Those I am excited about.  I hear MIA is a halfway decent little beat em up.  Given that I like Beat em ups, I'm thinking it'll be an alright value.  I know for a fact (from playing it in emulation during the 7800 High Score club) that Beef Drop is solid.

Funkmaster V

Postby Funkmaster V » June 20th, 2007, 7:53 pm

I think Beef Drop is the best game for the 7800 or one of the top 5 for sure.

FUNK

Brett Weiss

Postby Brett Weiss » July 14th, 2007, 12:56 am

Sounds great! We need to support new games for old systems.

Return to “Classic Gaming”