Toxic PlayStation Games to Avoid

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
James1

Postby James1 » June 2nd, 2009, 6:26 pm

[QUOTE=cityside]

[QUOTE=GameBoy Girl]In the Hunt - A mind-numbingly dull, slow, hideous, boring, sluggish, repetitive, monotonous submarine shooter.  Aside from the terrible sound/music and hideous graphics, the bosses are generic and dull, the weapons are boring, and the whole game has all the fun and excitement of watching a dead fish dry.[/QUOTE]

Why does this game always get so much hate?  It's like a precursor to the Metal Slug games in both graphical and gameplay style, and developed by some of the same people I believe.  The Playstation port is nearly arcade perfect and is one of the few non-3d titles in the early Playstation library.  On top of all that, I personally have always enjoyed playing the game, and it's great fun to play co-op.
[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with cityside on this one In the Hunt is a great game.

The Lurking Grue

Postby The Lurking Grue » June 2nd, 2009, 9:52 pm

In the Hunt is one of the worst shooters ever made.

cityside

Postby cityside » June 2nd, 2009, 10:50 pm

[QUOTE=The Lurking Grue]In the Hunt is one of the worst shooters ever made.
[/QUOTE] http://www.videogamecritic.net/satfl.htm#In_The_Hunt

The Lurking Grue

Postby The Lurking Grue » June 3rd, 2009, 10:45 am

The VGC gave a positive review to the Saturn version, not the PlayStation version.

http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=2143&tab=review

MappyMousePD

Postby MappyMousePD » June 3rd, 2009, 12:18 pm

What's with the the fascination with bad games on this board all of a sudden.  It looks like all these posts are made by the same person (Gameboy Girl/Lurking Grue/Infocom Junkie).  Let's get positive! 

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » June 3rd, 2009, 3:15 pm

[QUOTE=MappyMousePD]What's with the the fascination with bad games on this board all of a sudden.  It looks like all these posts are made by the same person (Gameboy Girl/Lurking Grue/Infocom Junkie).  Let's get positive![/QUOTE]

Yes, but really I just wish Gameboy Girl would stop astroturfing.  For a forum this small it is way too obvious when someone is doing that for the average poster, and moderators can usually tell anyway.

Gameboy Girl/LurkingGrue/et. al., please use one name.

cityside

Postby cityside » June 3rd, 2009, 4:25 pm

[QUOTE=The Lurking Grue]The VGC gave a positive review to the Saturn version, not the PlayStation version.

[/QUOTE]

As far as I've heard, the Saturn and PS versions are very close.  I've even heard from some that the PS version runs slightly better which is surprising for a 2D game.

James1

Postby James1 » June 3rd, 2009, 7:05 pm

[QUOTE=The Lurking Grue]The VGC gave a positive review to the Saturn version, not the PlayStation version.

[/QUOTE]

Okay yeah no offense that review sucks. The Genesis could not handle something like this and to echo the sentiment of some of the other people here you should probably give it a break with all of the bad games lists. I mean come on for the most part we already know about them. No need to rehash it all.

Michael Danehy

Postby Michael Danehy » June 3rd, 2009, 7:47 pm

I don't necessarily take "this game looks 16-bit" as a bad thing anyways.

Truthfulpietro1

Postby Truthfulpietro1 » January 3rd, 2010, 5:40 am

My Toxic PlayStation game to avoid at all costs is known as Cosmic Race.

If you thought Club Drive for the Atari Jaguar was ugly, just wait until you see Cosmic Race.

Draw distance that will potentially give you a headache (Which is worse on the Multiplayer).

The control scheme is truly illogical: You will be screaming "WTF" immediately.

Horrible Characters such as a caveman who drives a Winnebago doned with pinapple wings.

Can I post a link to my friends review of Cosmic Race?

Return to “Classic Gaming”