Timesplitters

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Timesplitters

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 25th, 2009, 10:50 am

I am reviewing the original Timesplitters for the GameCube right now, and it's surprisingly good  - maybe better than Timesplitters 2?  The graphics seem more detailed.

For those of you who have played both, could you tell me which one you prefer and why? 

Hovering Sheep

Timesplitters

Postby Hovering Sheep » July 25th, 2009, 1:13 pm

Just a little correction. The original TimeSplitters wasn't made for GameCube. You must be playing Future Perfect, which is actually the third game.

Luke

Timesplitters

Postby Luke » July 25th, 2009, 2:32 pm

I've heard a lot about Timesplitters Future Perfect. Supposedly, that's the one to own.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Timesplitters

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 25th, 2009, 4:42 pm

[QUOTE=Hovering Sheep]Just a little correction. The original TimeSplitters wasn't made for GameCube. You must be playing Future Perfect, which is actually the third game.
[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected - thanks.  I probably wouldn't even have noticed the "Future Perfect" subtitle because it's so small.  This explains the high quality of the game I guess!

Fingers dripping ink

Timesplitters

Postby Fingers dripping ink » August 14th, 2009, 4:35 pm

Wow, I wasn't even aware they made this one for the Cube. I've only played it on XBox.

Timesplitters 2 isn't necessarily a bad game, but once you play Future Perfect, there's no real reason to play it. Sure you can make your own levels, and it's fun. But FP expands on everything and the story mode is MUCH better. In 2, there were times when I had no clue as to what I was supposed to do next, not so in FP. Still, getting the medals in 2 was a challenge my friends and I did not take lightly. It consumed a good amount of our time.

Timesplitters 4 was being made until Free Radical was absorbed by Crytek. It's either on hold or dead in the water.

steer

Timesplitters

Postby steer » August 14th, 2009, 8:46 pm

Future Perfect gave me motion sickness.

Also you find too many guns in the levels, and many of them have a ridiculously stupid rate of fire.

The stroy was atrocious, it made me sick to my stomach. The future and past Cortez's were lame as it gets.

However, I did like Timesplitters 2.....

Dawson Dailey

Timesplitters

Postby Dawson Dailey » October 3rd, 2009, 9:34 pm

The PS2 and Xbox versions of Future Perfect had online multiplayer, but EA removed it.
P.S. Time Splitters came from some of the original people who worked on Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

Dawson Dailey

Timesplitters

Postby Dawson Dailey » October 6th, 2009, 4:29 pm

The first Time Splitters was available on PS2 only and by far is my least favorite of the series. Still, its a great game. 

Luigi & Peach

Re: Timesplitters

Postby Luigi & Peach » December 20th, 2015, 5:42 pm

My wife and I played the first game after spending a lot of hours on 2 and future perfect and that was a mistake because it was really really bad in comparison. The storyline for 2 wasn't phenomenal but the gameplay was very enjoyable and I never felt confused as to where to go next ( plus my wife enjoyed that almost every level had a female character in co-op mode). We still can't get by the Wild West in hard difficulty. You really can't go wrong with either sequel, but unless you have nostalgia for the first one I'd recommend staying away from it. It's a real crime they never made a fourth!

Funkmaster V

Re: Timesplitters

Postby Funkmaster V » March 6th, 2016, 7:40 pm

I LOVED the first single player level in Timesplitters 2. It felt like Goldeneye 2.0........ but with UNDEEEEEEEAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDD

Return to “Classic Gaming”