Happy B-day Pac-Man

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Pixelcade1

Happy B-day Pac-Man

Postby Pixelcade1 » May 21st, 2010, 8:42 pm

Wow 30... If you have not been to google today shame on you. Their banner that says Google is probably the best I've ever seen them do. It's a Pac-Man board BUT you can play it!!! How darn cool is that. Go Google!

Happy B-Day Pac-Man hope the Misses got ya something nice and Jr. got off that darn trike to give you a pretzel.

pac man

Happy B-day Pac-Man

Postby pac man » May 21st, 2010, 9:41 pm

Check out my cool ride and that hot chick!

Critic where you need a PAC MAN smilie!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Happy B-day Pac-Man

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 21st, 2010, 9:47 pm

This game changed my life.  My early exposure to video games came at the arcade of a local bowling alley.  Before Pac-Man most of the arcade games were space shooters.  The first time I saw Pac-Man, I thought it was a "girl" game, partly due to the cute graphics, and partly because there were actually girls playing it!  Usually it was the guys dominating the arcade games.

The game really opened the door for the industry.  It really expanded the audience.  Pac-Man proved that video games could be about anything and didn't necessarily need to make sense.  I think game designers started getting a lot more creative after Pac-Man.

Pixelcade1

Happy B-day Pac-Man

Postby Pixelcade1 » May 21st, 2010, 10:09 pm

It could also give you Pac-Man Fever a very common disease that makes one dance in rooms with big sparkly balls on the ceiling.

ReiDemon

Happy B-day Pac-Man

Postby ReiDemon » May 21st, 2010, 11:16 pm

This was released before today, but I feel that this is the perfect video for the Man's birthday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWL6j0SvqV0

HB, Pac-man.

Return to “Classic Gaming”