How do you unlock the bonus games on Sonic Mega Collection GC?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Josh

Postby Josh » June 14th, 2010, 11:20 pm

My son picked up Sonic Mega Collection for the Gamecube the other day (what can I say? the boy has got good taste - get's it from his daddy) and I was wondering if anyone knew what games were unlockable on the disc and what it takes to unlock them.

I tried looking it up on gamefaqs.com but since it's a compiliation, they just have all the walkthroughs for each individual Sonic game piled together. I'm too lazy to sort through all that crap.

Nicholas Pozega

Postby Nicholas Pozega » June 15th, 2010, 3:21 pm

^To unlock all of the bonus games on Sonic Mega Collection, do the following:

NOTE: Before i give instructions, i must say this- By "play" each of them, i don't mean beat them-just as soon as the sega logo appears after you select a game, just press Z to access the special menu which lets you exit the game, return to the game select menu and select it again from the menu, rinse and repeat. Do each instruction right and the games should be unlocked. Don't forget to save the settings in options though! Here they are:

Blue Sphere: Play Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic 3D Blast 20 times each to unlock this.

Knuckles in Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Play Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic Spinball 20 times each to unlock this.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Play Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles 20 times each to unlock this.

Flicky: Play Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine 30 times to unlock this.

Ristar: Play Blue Sphere, Knuckles in Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and Flicky 30 times each to unlock this.

Have fun, and be patient-you will be rewarded for it.

Devon

Postby Devon » June 15th, 2010, 5:23 pm

You don't have to PLAY them, just go back to the menu after a little bit, and repeat the process.

Return to “Classic Gaming”