What was your first console?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Shapur

Re: What was your first console?

Postby Shapur » November 12th, 2015, 9:39 pm

My first console was 1990 I believe. My family got an NES with Super Mario Bros 3. Of course in '91 my friend got an SNES and I was behind the times already. Still couldn't ask for a better way to start gaming.

Rev

Postby Rev » November 13th, 2015, 1:47 am

My first console was the NES. My dad and i used to play Ninja Gaiden and GI Joe all the time. I was pretty young then so i don't remember it too much. First console I really recall was the Genesis. I loved Streets of Rage 3 and Sonic 2.

SigSauerLover

Postby SigSauerLover » November 13th, 2015, 11:27 am

Pong doesn't count I think, so it was an Atari 2600, very close to when it came out, I played combat with my dad. I was only 4 years old.

envytomdead

Postby envytomdead » November 15th, 2015, 7:30 am

My first console was an Atari 7800 in either 87 or 86. My friend convinced me to get a 7800. He said Nintendo's only edge was better graphics. Plus he had a 2600 so I could trade games with him. It didn't take long for me to figure out that wasn't Nintendo's only edge! About a year later I got a Sega Master System. So in the 80's I managed to back 2 losers. However most people had NES so I still got to play a lot of those games.

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » November 15th, 2015, 8:25 am

envytomdead wrote:My first console was an Atari 7800 in either 87 or 86. My friend convinced me to get a 7800. He said Nintendo's only edge was better graphics. Plus he had a 2600 so I could trade games with him. It didn't take long for me to figure out that wasn't Nintendo's only edge! About a year later I got a Sega Master System. So in the 80's I managed to back 2 losers. However most people had NES so I still got to play a lot of those games.

I hear what you're saying, envy. The biggest perk of not owning an NES back in those days was that everyone else had one so as long as one wasn't 100% anti-social you typically could get plenty of playtime with one.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » November 15th, 2015, 11:02 am

My first was a 2600. I dont remember getting it, I just remember always having it and a ton of games too. My mom made me give it away just before christmas. Told me it was going to a "poor kid" for hist birthday. lol have no idea where it really went. Needless to say, I received an NES for christmas that year, which I still have today.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » November 15th, 2015, 1:32 pm

scotland wrote:
Rookie1 wrote:My mom made me give it away just before christmas. Told me it was going to a "poor kid" for his birthday.

Gold, frankencense and Atari.

Funny in discussing how we experienced other machines at friends' homes. Nowadays its important to have the same console as your friends.

Yeah, I remember most of us getting together as a collective. Between all the neighborhood kids there were a ton of games over multiple platforms to play. Seemed like each week we would gather at another kid's house to see the latest and greatest. Was a great week when you got something noone else had.

SigSauerLover

Postby SigSauerLover » November 15th, 2015, 4:32 pm

I was a thief when we would get together back in the day. I took a screwdriver when the games were 5 screw, and swapped my Wild Gunman board with my neighbors Ghosts and Goblins board. I also would do that when I rented games from the video store.

Return to “Classic Gaming”