Playing Video Games with Dad?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Carl1

Postby Carl1 » September 17th, 2012, 7:09 pm

My Dad also was the reason I got into games...namely he had an NES when I was a really little kid. He never played much though, except for the NES Mario Games. He used to laugh when we played NBA Jam on the SNES, and he would occasionally play Ken Griffey on the N64 with me.

The Wii brought my family into gaming together as even my mom enjoys a Wii bowling match up when we are all together. I actually remember my father going "oh man!!" as he watched my sister play the God of War games due to the gruesome nature and he would kind of laugh at the absurd nature of the violence but also marvel at the graphics.

Oh he played Tiger Woods PGA 06 on 360. First time he hit the ball. Hole in One.

He's never played that game since...as he said "retired on top".

a1

Postby a1 » June 15th, 2014, 2:33 pm

My dad always loved the original Super Mario Bros, and Ms Pac Man. He is good at Ms Pac Man, not so good at Mario, but we would have fun playing together. Happy father's day to all the dads here!

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » June 15th, 2014, 10:22 pm

My dad was never really into video games, sometimes he would stop and ask me what I was playing, but he never had an urge to join in.

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » June 16th, 2014, 1:52 am

My dad was never all that into video games. Although he was really into the Commodore 64 and he loves Zork but aside from that he wasn't too into them. But he did play games with me every now and then. One game we both loved was Galaga. After I bought Galaga for NES, we spent weeks, maybe months competing with each other for the high score. When we go to a place that has one of those multicade cabinets with Galaga on it, we'll sometimes play it. I guess that's probably why Galaga is one of my favorite arcade games.

Return to “Classic Gaming”