Microsoft buys Activision/Blizzard

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
ActRaiser

Microsoft buys Activision/Blizzard

Postby ActRaiser » January 18th, 2022, 1:19 pm

Microsoft announces they will purchase Activision/Blizzard.

Any thoughts for what this will actually mean? From a business sense the value of the company is in their cash cows with the likes of multi-platform Call of Duty and the Overwatch series.

I can't see they'd buy them and then destroy why they've paid a premium for it. Bethesda was a pretty niche company with a long tail for its games. However, Activision punches out yearly copies of Call of Duty. I can't see that coming off of Sony's systems any time soon. Perhaps, any new games will launch on Game Pass to make it a more compelling offer and still release console versions on Sony's machines.

Thoughts?

Crummylion

Re: Microsoft buys Activision/Blizzard

Postby Crummylion » January 18th, 2022, 3:52 pm

It'll be the same situation as Minecraft and Bethesda games, the ones that make the most money will go multiplatform and the ones that don't will be stuck on PC and Xbox (unless contracts or late development stops it.) Chances are any upcoming games like CoD will be multiplat and Crash or Spyro will be console exclusive (which is ironic.) Really don't like Microsoft trying to be the video game equivalent of Disney, but my biggest hope for the recent purchase is Blizzard/Activision gets a wake up call and Microsoft fixes the ongoing sexism problem.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » January 18th, 2022, 6:41 pm

I am hoping for Pitfall 1 and 2 to be released for xbox 1

Tron

Postby Tron » May 21st, 2022, 9:55 pm

It’s only good if it means a new Fallout & Elder Scrolls already. I don’t care if it’s exclusive only for Xbox. I’d buy an Xbox for just those 2 games. But for the love of collectors I need the Ultimate, Grand, Final, Gameoftheyear edition or whatever they call it, basically the version that has all the DLC, to be on a disc. Don’t you dare try to sell me a final edition only for me to see it’s just the vanilla game with some sorta code or something I gotta download online. Never never never do that Micro$oft.

Oh yeah one more thing. Single player offline please. None of that online multiplayer crap.

Return to “Modern Gaming”