Empty Game Discs?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Herschie

Re: Empty Game Discs?

Postby Herschie » November 29th, 2022, 7:18 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Worse yet, I guess you couldn't resell the game either - since the code would have been used.

This is true, although wouldn't apply to this particular game. However, I was the dummy for going digital with "God of War Ragnarök". Unlike The Show though, I knew it was digital when I made the purpose, and now my wife isn't letting me go to the liquor store after spending 70 dollars on that stupid game.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 29th, 2022, 8:41 pm

I'd take $70 worth of liquor over that game any day.

Verm3

Postby Verm3 » November 30th, 2022, 4:32 am

So is God of War Ragnarök not playable without a day one patch? Or is it a code in a box?

Herschie

Postby Herschie » November 30th, 2022, 8:17 am

Verm3 wrote:So is God of War Ragnarök not playable without a day one patch? Or is it a code in a box?

We got off topic a little, I went digital, but I'm sure you can get the disc. And to be fair, "God of War Ragnarök" is better than the hangover I had last Sunday. It was the worst one I've had since college.

djc

Postby djc » December 1st, 2022, 1:00 am

I'll never understand the code in a box thing. The first time I encountered it was when I bought my niece a copy of Fortnite for the XBox One. She opened the case excitedly only to look confused as the only thing in the case was a tiny card with a download code. I thought it was a physical copy but nope.

I mean, why even bother with the case/packaging at that point?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 1st, 2022, 6:41 pm

Ummm.. maybe to trick people into buying air??

Herschie

Postby Herschie » December 7th, 2022, 11:34 pm

The thing of it is, even if the dang disc was in there, well now you have to wait for a lengthy installation process. And then an update. By the time it's finished, you gotta get to bed.

DarknessDeku

Postby DarknessDeku » December 17th, 2022, 7:39 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:So this is what we've come to. Publishers aren't even trying to put a complete, working game on the disc any more!

https://games.slashdot.org/story/22/10/ ... s#comments

I'm shocked you are just now saying this. It's been a thing for over a decade. Games are constantly expanded and modified through patches, so games are always unfinished.

Return to “Modern Gaming”