Sweet Baby Inc created to DESTROY gaming?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Crummylion

Re: Sweet Baby Inc created to DESTROY gaming?

Postby Crummylion » November 24th, 2023, 8:57 am

I think Stalvern put it best. People always accuse Disney of being woke, but they easily ignore all the war and regressive lawmaking that they've been backing. Thing that they'll easily stop, and have, if enough people voted with their wallets. I'm gonna keep it brief because it'll end up as a political rabbit hole, but to repeat what Stalvern said; these companies don't care about "wokeism," they care about your money. And they will pander just to satisfy the basic needs of the consumer. Oh, if only there was a way to draw parallels with John Carpenter's They Live.

crimefighter

Postby crimefighter » November 24th, 2023, 1:55 pm

If Disney cared about money - they sure haven't stopped putting out movies audiences DON'T WANT and that alienated half stopped buying. Iger should just quit already.

Quick_Man

Postby Quick_Man » November 24th, 2023, 3:47 pm

Yeah, I hear Disney is really struggling. They've only made like three billion dollars in profit so far this year. Truly the Go Woke Go Broke was the friends we made along the way.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 25th, 2023, 11:14 am

Just a reminder that posts that don't relate directly to video games will be deleted. Focus people!

Tron

Postby Tron » November 29th, 2023, 12:25 am

I was gonna go on a giant rant, but…..

Anywho I don’t want to watch the video, but I am interested. so basically this is some third party business that sells strategies to video game companies so they can inject more political propaganda into their games? Is that right?

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » November 30th, 2023, 11:23 pm

Tron wrote:I was gonna go on a giant rant, but…..

Anywho I don’t want to watch the video, but I am interested. so basically this is some third party business that sells strategies to video game companies so they can inject more political propaganda into their games? Is that right?

Diversity bad. Neo conservative warfare good.

Just summing up the deep thinking in this thread.

Anyone who wants to ignore soul crushing crunch time and mass lay-offs (plus shareholder meetings) as reasons why AAA games struggle with quality isn't here to talk about videogames.

crimefighter

Postby crimefighter » December 4th, 2023, 8:53 pm

ThePixelatedGenocide wrote:Diversity bad. Neo conservative warfare good.

Just summing up the deep thinking in this thread.

Anyone who wants to ignore soul crushing crunch time and mass lay-offs (plus shareholder meetings) as reasons why AAA games struggle with quality isn't here to talk about videogames.

Is that how you see it? If it's all you see and have no issue with the narratives and agendas then you should be doing everything you can to offset the losses companies have sustained from people who stopped buying products and tickets of companies who made it their primary goal to pander their ideological bent. Disney so far has lost 70 billion dollars in value because they decided to radically redefine themselves to push the fringe and crazy.

Crummylion

Postby Crummylion » December 4th, 2023, 9:47 pm

Or maybe the writer's strike that went on for months played a role in Disney's, along with other's, losses. Just a thought.
Also, why would anyone owe these corporations anything again? "I must support company I dislike and in need of fixing because a non-issue reason doesn't exist" is not a reason at all. You're just proving TPG's point.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » December 5th, 2023, 4:00 pm

crimefighter wrote:...then you should be doing everything you can to offset the losses companies have sustained from people who stopped buying products ...

Tu Quoqui.

If you had credible evidence, perhaps you could frame a convincing argument to those that do not buy into the Cia influence or Soros money in Entertainment and Video Games, many of which are developed outside the USA.

Evidence must necessarily exclude blog posts, 4chan posts, and any non-peer reviewed content. Journalism bereaved of proper citations another. Evidence cannot be trends you observe. The cause of action is often a hidden variable in the observable.

Perhaps for your sake of sanity, it is best to move on from this subject. If you had anything, a Tu Quoqui fallacy would not be something you need to resort to.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » December 5th, 2023, 4:12 pm

Forgive me, but the words are "tu quoque" and "bereft".

Return to “Modern Gaming”