Yars rising Switch

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
BlasteroidAli

Yars rising Switch

Postby BlasteroidAli » May 24th, 2024, 10:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPLapjFwSKo
A new thrilling Yars sequel. Though confusingly this one seems to be a platform game that plays like Flashback.

It is from the same company who made the Lunar Lander update.

So we had Yars revenge 2 I think, then Yars Revenge plus in the Atari collection. Plus Yars recharged which is excellent. All follow a similar format.
Also there is the on the rails shooter version of Yar revenge which is Panzer Dragoon. Although it does not bare much resemblance to the original game it is at least a shooter.

I know Atari likes to update its games but I am not sure this will be one I will be getting.

m0zart

Re: Yars rising Switch

Postby m0zart » May 30th, 2024, 9:22 pm

It could have been an interesting game on its own, but i have no idea why Yars is involved at all after seeing the gameplay, or why Yar is suddenly a humanoid with a look Japanese version of how Westerners look and an utterly cloying voice spoken in a valley girl dialect.

It's very off-putting.

Quick_Man

Re: Yars rising Switch

Postby Quick_Man » May 30th, 2024, 10:02 pm

Looks decent, I dunno what it has to do with Yar's Revenge though. Not that I even know what Yar's Revenge had to do with Yar's Revenge since it was an Atari 2600 game, anyway... it's certainly an interesting take on rebooting an old franchise if you just choose one from so far back that there's barely any source material to reboot so you kinda get to just do what you want? Looks like she at least has some kind of transformation that turns her into something looking like that alien thing you play as.

Also, this developer just constantly makes good games, so I'm in.

Return to “Modern Gaming”