Microsoft Games Showcase 2024

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
ActRaiser

Microsoft Games Showcase 2024

Postby ActRaiser » June 10th, 2024, 1:35 pm

Did anyone have a favorite announcement from the Xbox Games Showcase?

My favorite was Perfect Dark with a close second the new Indiana Jones game.

A few other highlights were Doom, MechaBreak (sp?), and Gears of War E-Day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3z9R5_pT28

Gentlegamer

Re: Microsoft Games Showcase 2024

Postby Gentlegamer » June 10th, 2024, 3:41 pm

DOOM Dark Ages
Gears of War E-Day
STALKER 2

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » June 10th, 2024, 3:58 pm

Gear of war e day

Stalker 2

Fable, it looks interesting. Though these days, if the game is not a hit they close the company down that is what happened to Lionhead Studios who put out the original Fable. The put out the awful Fable the journey, another kinect disaster. Then MS had another great idea. A MMO Free to play Fable. Needless to say it did not come out and after a while the studio that gave them some of their biggest hits was put to the sword. So a new Fable. We shall have to see how long the new studio lives for.

A new Doom. Surely it has to be better than Doomraider. That game was pathetic.

The thing remastered. That was not in the games show but I know it is coming out.

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » June 11th, 2024, 11:29 pm

A few observations about the Great Circle:

I’m starting to warm up to Troy Baker as Indy. It doesn’t exactly sound like Harrison Ford, but it sounds enough like him. It’s definitely the closest a video game has ever gotten to it.

I was put off by the henchman on the ship with his goofy cartoon dance. It seems out of place, and he carries on a bit too long with it. I did like the intensity of the scene, though.

There are subtle details that genuinely pulled me in. The sound of the gunfire, in particular, reminded me of Raiders (remember how loud each shot sounded?). Also, the melee combat seemed to have some actual weight to it. Whoever is behind the game seems to understand the franchise, and what makes it work.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » June 12th, 2024, 8:23 am

BanjoPickles wrote:A few observations about the Great Circle:

Also, the melee combat seemed to have some actual weight to it. Whoever is behind the game seems to understand the franchise, and what makes it work.

I noticed that as well. The characters all have some floppiness or momentum to them. It definitely gave me Raiders vibes. Even a half-baked Indiana Jones game will be a lot of fun. So far this looks great.

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » June 13th, 2024, 11:34 pm

ActRaiser wrote:
BanjoPickles wrote:A few observations about the Great Circle:

Also, the melee combat seemed to have some actual weight to it. Whoever is behind the game seems to understand the franchise, and what makes it work.

I noticed that as well. The characters all have some floppiness or momentum to them. It definitely gave me Raiders vibes. Even a half-baked Indiana Jones game will be a lot of fun. So far this looks great.

And even though it isn’t Denholm Elliot (RIP), it’s so good seeing Marcus Brody again! This has the look, and feel, of classic Indy and I’m so tempted to buy an XBox X just so I can play it!

Return to “Modern Gaming”