Fatal Frame coming to the Wii U

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Leo1

Postby Leo1 » September 10th, 2014, 6:09 pm

Here's an excellent looking trailer that has just been released.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1qodxweV3o&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Japanese release is just a bit over two weeks from now. But just silence so far from Nintendo of America. [frown]

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » September 10th, 2014, 7:11 pm

[QUOTE=Leo]Here's an excellent looking trailer that has just been released.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1qodxweV3o&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Japanese release is just a bit over two weeks from now. But just silence so far from Nintendo of America. [frown][/QUOTE]

Why would they talk about it? It is not ready for release in NA. Do you see NOA talking about the 'new' 3DS? No. Why? Same reason.

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » September 21st, 2014, 3:41 am

I heard a rumor that the localization is going to wait in order to coincide with the release of the upcoming Fatal Frame movie. I don't know how true it is but I guess it makes sense.

jimmyjjohn1

Postby jimmyjjohn1 » September 29th, 2014, 5:02 am

I really hope that the next Fatal Frame comes out in the U.S. This would be a great game to come to the Wii U. I can't believe Fatal Frame 4 was never released in the U.S. Hopefully, Nintendo has enough sense to release the game in the U.S.

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » September 29th, 2014, 8:58 am

If they do choose to localize it, hopefully they do something like what they did with Bayonetta and release a port of the previous game in the same package.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » September 29th, 2014, 11:31 am

Koei Tecmo Europe has essentially confirmed that this won't be coming to Europe. [frown]

I hope the Japanese developers included English subtitles for the dedicated Western fans that might contemplate eventually importing it. 

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » September 29th, 2014, 2:09 pm

That would be so stupid of Nintendo to not release the game in the u.s. it's not like Nintendo has a massive library of Wii u games over here to hold us over...

Weekend_Warrior1

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » September 29th, 2014, 2:50 pm

This just shows how stupid and clueless Nintendo really are. The Wii U NEEDS more games! And it especially needs more games that actually make decent use of the gamepad. THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE POINT OF THIS CONSOLE!?

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » September 29th, 2014, 7:47 pm

Steer doesn't like it, instead preferring to stay optimistic to the bitter end. But it's comments like these last two that a threatened localization like this most needs. If they don't localize it, it's because they don't see a market for it that would justify the investment.

So logically, interested consumers should be voicing their criticism, concern, and so on to encourage a different result and show that there's a considerable amount of interest out there. That's why I've made postings in Miiverse, various forums, and so on in an attempt to stir responses like this. 

If we're unhappy with something and want to see a change, it's ultimately our responsibility to let them know. Otherwise, they're going to stay on the course they've likely charted for this title unless something happens to spur a rethinking of the situation.

Voicing our opinions at every opportunity could be just the catalyst to get the status of this title changed.

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » September 29th, 2014, 9:24 pm

Yeah, the only thing with that is Nintendo is known for the lack of interest in what the public demands. Take Earthbound for example. starmen.net sent out several requests (the last one was back with huge support) from Mother fans from the U.S. Mother 3 (gba) was still never released despite the series growing popularity in the U.S. after Smash 64 came out. Nintendo can be idiots sometimes.

Return to “Modern Gaming”