Big Mario Kart 8 DLC expansions on the way

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » September 8th, 2014, 7:28 am

This post was moderated
Reason - it did not add value to the discussion

I never preorder games - why? There is zero financial incentive to do so, and I do not care if it takes me 3 days longer to get a agme when it launches, at most.

I did preoreder this DLC though. Why? Because you get a major discount for doing so.

16 tracks for $12. Or buy separately for $16.  That is enough incentive for me to do so.

I am buying this only for the tracks, 16 for $12 is a lot of content. I do not care about the characters, or even the carts, but I hope at least the carts are neat. IT is apples and oranges. I only buy 'blind' with preorder because look at the quality standards of Nintendo, historically and especially on Wii U. 

BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » September 8th, 2014, 11:00 pm

Translation: it is different because Nintendo are apparently the only developers in town to release high-quality DLC.

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » September 9th, 2014, 6:47 am

[QUOTE=BanjoPickles]Translation: it is different because Nintendo are apparently the only developers in town to release high-quality DLC. [/QUOTE]

Banjo :We need to know to what game in particular, and what DLC I was referring too. I was referring to bad DLC. The kind that is built and finished, when the disc is printed, and can only be unlocked on the disc after you pay another fee. And the kind that is superfluous, and not worth a purchase - exp extra costumes.

Different DLC is different DLC.

BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » September 9th, 2014, 10:01 pm

We're sort of going in circles here, but you seemed against DLC of all shapes, sizes, and variations until this. Don't get me wrong, I think that it's an awesome deal....then again, I thought that the Uncharted multiplayer maps were good deals too. I just find it a bit hypocritical for somebody to be as anti-online as you were before Nintendo did it with Wii Sports, and now you're championing DLC because of Mario Kart 8? It's cool and all, but I just think that your anti-everybody-but-Nintendo-masquerading-as fact schtick loses a bit of legitimacy as a result.

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » September 10th, 2014, 7:20 am

http://dmrozek.websitetoolbox.com/post/new-lugi-u-priced-and-dated-6348203?highlight=nintendo+doing+dlc+right&pid=1278055504#post1278055504

This Mario Kart is not even the first Nintendo DLC expansion. Let's face it, Nintendo treats their customers with respect, and you all know about all the bad/terrible DLC out there. It is not coming from Nintendo, why is it so hard to have a nuanced discussion here?

BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » September 10th, 2014, 1:43 pm

It's easy to have a nuanced conversation, just not with you. You have spent YEARS bad mouthing DLC, in all forms, until Nintendo came aboard. Suddenly, it's reasonable, cool, and a good idea? Your bias gets in the way of having a true discussion on the matter.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » September 10th, 2014, 6:56 pm

Everyone's had their say and this is just going around in circles.

Locking topic.

Return to “Modern Gaming”