The Mario Kart 8 Friends List Thread!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » June 17th, 2014, 4:15 pm

[QUOTE=ptdebate]So, shall we set up a tournament for tomorrow night (Wednesday)?

If so, I have a suggestion: let's not make it team-based. That way there won't be any imbalance and whoever stays the longest has the highest scoring potential. 

What time works best for you all? I assume we're all in different time zones, so that might be something worth considering. I personally get off work at 7PM CST. What time are you guys available?[/QUOTE]

Later would be better for me, Maybe even 10 pm if that works, otherwise some other time or night.....

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » June 17th, 2014, 4:42 pm

[QUOTE=Segatarious][QUOTE=ptdebate]So, shall we set up a tournament for tomorrow night (Wednesday)?

If so, I have a suggestion: let's not make it team-based. That way there won't be any imbalance and whoever stays the longest has the highest scoring potential. 

What time works best for you all? I assume we're all in different time zones, so that might be something worth considering. I personally get off work at 7PM CST. What time are you guys available?[/QUOTE]

Later would be better for me, Maybe even 10 pm if that works, otherwise some other time or night.....[/QUOTE]

10PM isn't too late for me. Is that CST?

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » June 17th, 2014, 8:05 pm

[QUOTE=Segatarious][QUOTE=ptdebate]So, shall we set up a tournament for tomorrow night (Wednesday)?

Later would be better for me, Maybe even 10 pm if that works, otherwise some other time or night.....[/QUOTE]
I'm likely the latest timezone involved (unless we have people outside North America). 10:00PM EST is already 11:30PM here, so if it goes later than that, I'm out. I generally subsist on between 6 and 6.5 hours sleep a day, so I can get in a few races and go to bed at midnight anyway (alarm is 6:30AM).

bronZfonZ1

Postby bronZfonZ1 » June 18th, 2014, 9:59 pm

I usually get home around 8:30 pm PST, so that's 11:30 pm for VGC.  Hopefully I can get on and dominate, tilt-controls style.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » June 19th, 2014, 6:06 am

Did anyone besides me and Zeta try to go on last night afterwards? No matches happened while I was there, so I went and played random people online in battle mode (which was a lot of fun by the way). I've also been playing most nights online against my sister (she recently broke up with her long time boyfriend and had to move out and bought a Wii U to give her something to do).

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » June 19th, 2014, 10:28 am

I was on from about 9:30-10:10 PM and nobody got on [frown]

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » June 19th, 2014, 12:33 pm

[QUOTE=ptdebate]I was on from about 9:30-10:10 PM and nobody got on [frown][/QUOTE]

I was on 10:30PM Newfoundland time, so that's 9:00 Eastern. Maybe we need to try another time or day of the week?

After playing battle mode with strangers and with my sister, I have to say I think that'd be cool to play together. I've heard this is a weak version of battle mode, but I really like it.

Also, I think we need to kill the old one, as both looked like they were running at once and it was confusing.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » June 20th, 2014, 11:47 am

There's a BlackBerry Messenger channel I'm a follower on dedicated to Nintendo stuff, and they have one set up that runs all week. They just say when they'll be on, any time, and see who can make it. They have the benefit of a real time BBM channel to organize, but maybe we should do a week long one, and try to make arrangements here for two or three groups of us to play different times.

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » June 20th, 2014, 1:11 pm

[QUOTE=Atarifever]There's a BlackBerry Messenger channel I'm a follower on dedicated to Nintendo stuff, and they have one set up that runs all week. They just say when they'll be on, any time, and see who can make it. They have the benefit of a real time BBM channel to organize, but maybe we should do a week long one, and try to make arrangements here for two or three groups of us to play different times. [/QUOTE]

that sounds fine..

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » June 24th, 2014, 10:34 am

So, is anyone up for playing tomorrow night (Wednesday, June 25th)?  Later in the week is no good for me this week (I'm actually away from the house Thursday to Tuesday). 

If anyone is still interested, maybe sign up here to let everyone else know.  Segatarious, are you still interested in using the "VGC Forum Lurker 150" event?  We got a day to get ready, so maybe everyone indicate the times you are available along with your time zone.  I haven't done a tournament, so I don't know if SegaT can change the time of the already existing one, but maybe if enough people choose another time he'll set up a different one. 

I can be available from about 9:00PM Newfoundland time to around 12:00AM Newfoundland time.  That's 7:30PM to 10:30PM Eastern. 

Return to “Modern Gaming”