The Mario Kart 8 Friends List Thread!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » June 24th, 2014, 11:09 am

[QUOTE=Atarifever]So, is anyone up for playing tomorrow night (Wednesday, June 25th)?  Later in the week is no good for me this week (I'm actually away from the house Thursday to Tuesday). 

If anyone is still interested, maybe sign up here to let everyone else know.  Segatarious, are you still interested in using the "VGC Forum Lurker 150" event?  We got a day to get ready, so maybe everyone indicate the times you are available along with your time zone.  I haven't done a tournament, so I don't know if SegaT can change the time of the already existing one, but maybe if enough people choose another time he'll set up a different one. 

I can be available from about 9:00PM Newfoundland time to around 12:00AM Newfoundland time.  That's 7:30PM to 10:30PM Eastern. [/QUOTE]

I can play tonight. I get off work at 7PM Central (8PM Eastern). If you guys already have something going at that time, I can just join in when I get home, which should be 8:30 PM Eastern (10 PM Newfoundland). 

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » June 24th, 2014, 4:41 pm

I can probably manage something at 10:00 PM my time tonight, yeah. I could fit it in anytime until 11:30 my time and still get races in if anyone needs a little later.

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » June 24th, 2014, 6:43 pm

I usually play for a good hour every night and never see anyone on. I just go to the main race and try my luck with Toadette.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » June 24th, 2014, 8:23 pm

Rev, well I'm on in 20 minutes.  From now on, when I see one of you guys on, I'll open a lobby if you'd like.

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » June 24th, 2014, 8:50 pm

[QUOTE=Atarifever]Rev, well I'm on in 20 minutes.  From now on, when I see one of you guys on, I'll open a lobby if you'd like.[/QUOTE]

I'm on Atarifever. We can join a public match or tournament together if you like, or just wait for others to get on.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » June 24th, 2014, 8:53 pm

I'm in a public tourney called "Balloon Battle Cup."  Any chqance that comes up as an option for you?

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » June 24th, 2014, 9:32 pm

That was a lot of fun guys.  Somehow my usual Mario Kart/ Street Fighter 2 streak of blowing every game somehow remains intact.  I had zero chance of catching ptdebate, but managed to be in a race twice with Mark and once with Bud and managed to do something to screw it up every time (helped along by Mark`s insanely good use of the bomb).  Ah well, at least I could see people crossing the finish in front of my this time.  Maybe next time I`ll get second to last.  [smile]

By the way, I could kind of hear noise when I`d turn on the mics, but it sounded like someone had the radio or something on in the background.  Was anyone trying to talk?  I said before I have no interest in talking to anyone, but man are the available options limited.  I just want a "drat" or a "curses, foiled again" or something PG like that.  All I get is "No fair," and that's not what I want to say.  

Still, a ton of fun guys. Thanks.  

ZetaX1

Postby ZetaX1 » June 24th, 2014, 10:29 pm

[QUOTE=Atarifever]By the way, I could kind of hear noise when I`d turn on the mics, but it sounded like someone had the radio or something on in the background.  Was anyone trying to talk?  I said before I have no interest in talking to anyone, but man are the available options limited.  I just want a "drat" or a "curses, foiled again" or something PG like that.  All I get is "No fair," and that's not what I want to say.  

Still, a ton of fun guys. Thanks.  [/QUOTE]

Yeah, I finally flipped-on the mic and heard something in the background. Talked a little to PT and Rev. Seems to work okay in these private/friends sessions, but it all cuts-out when the race starts. It seems limited compared to Xbox Live, but it's something, I guess.

It was fun, guys. I think I need to give motorcycles a try!

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » June 24th, 2014, 11:14 pm

good games guys. Had no clue you could talk into the controller. Didn't say anything at first because I thought you had to have a headset or something. The general online mode doesn't allow you to talk so was interesting.

Anyway, it was fun. Thanks for playing.

a1

Postby a1 » June 24th, 2014, 11:40 pm

Sounds like you guys had a good time. I hope to join sometime. I've depleted single player and I'm bored of playing with strangers.

Return to “Modern Gaming”