New Bloodborne video!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
ptdebate1

New Bloodborne video!

Postby ptdebate1 » January 30th, 2015, 7:02 pm

http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/30/7951755/new-bloodborne-video-explores-underground-dungeons-and-multiplayer

Anyone else super hyped for this game? Too bad it got delayed until March--it was gonna release on my birthday!

DaHeckIzDat1

New Bloodborne video!

Postby DaHeckIzDat1 » January 31st, 2015, 1:22 pm

No! Must... not... watch! Seriously, I always get hyped up for these games, despite my best efforts. it lways turns out the same: I convince myself that THIS time will be different, that I'm gonna play it all the way to the end, then I buy it, get stuck on level 2, and sell it to a used game store for a fraction of what I paid for it [tongue]

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

New Bloodborne video!

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 31st, 2015, 1:31 pm

Not sure if it's the case here (didn't watch the clip), but sometimes I think the internet gives away too damn much!  There have been a lot of movies I've looked forward to, watching previews and trailers on the net.  Then I'm disappointed at the actual movie because I've already seen all the good parts!  I think games can be like that too.

ptdebate1

New Bloodborne video!

Postby ptdebate1 » January 31st, 2015, 2:09 pm

[QUOTE=DaHeckIzDat]No! Must... not... watch! Seriously, I always get hyped up for these games, despite my best efforts. it lways turns out the same: I convince myself that THIS time will be different, that I'm gonna play it all the way to the end, then I buy it, get stuck on level 2, and sell it to a used game store for a fraction of what I paid for it [tongue][/QUOTE]

Do any of your local friends play these games? What always helped me was having a friend to play through it with and compare notes--just like the old days with Legend of Zelda.

Vexer1

New Bloodborne video!

Postby Vexer1 » January 31st, 2015, 2:15 pm

Game trailers can also be very misleading(Dead Island anyone?) so I generally don't get the urge to see them, Bloodborne is IMO being massively overhyped and i'm not buying into it.

BanjoPickles1

New Bloodborne video!

Postby BanjoPickles1 » January 31st, 2015, 2:51 pm

Critic, I thought that this would be an appropriate thread to ask the question that in sure a few regulars have also wanted to ask: why on earth haven't you reviewed Demon/Dark Souls yet? They contained, at least in my humble opinion, some of last gen's most memorable gameplay moments!

JWK1

New Bloodborne video!

Postby JWK1 » January 31st, 2015, 2:54 pm

*drools uncontrollably*

I'm fine.  I'm... fine...

ptdebate1

New Bloodborne video!

Postby ptdebate1 » January 31st, 2015, 3:21 pm

[QUOTE=Vexer]Game trailers can also be very misleading(Dead Island anyone?) so I generally don't get the urge to see them, Bloodborne is IMO being massively overhyped and i'm not buying into it.[/QUOTE]

This isn't a trailer, though--it's a gameplay demonstration. It shows you exactly what you're gonna get in the final release.

Sure, I don't believe in slavishly following every gaming hype train, but from a group of developers whose past three releases have been solid gold? There's no reason to believe they're not going to do it again! [wink]

Vexer1

New Bloodborne video!

Postby Vexer1 » February 1st, 2015, 2:50 am

Well thats where I have to disagree, the Souls series didn't do much for me, so this title is not on my most anticipated list.

I'm guessing Dave hasn't reviewed the Souls series because he's intimidated after hearing about how insanely difficulty they are(can't blame him if that's the case), and Dave strikes me as someone that isn't fond of that sort of thing.

ptdebate1

New Bloodborne video!

Postby ptdebate1 » February 1st, 2015, 9:04 am

[QUOTE=Vexer]

Well thats where I have to disagree, the Souls series didn't do much for me, so this title is not on my most anticipated list.

I'm guessing Dave hasn't reviewed the Souls series because he's intimidated after hearing about how insanely difficulty they are(can't blame him if that's the case), and Dave strikes me as someone that isn't fond of that sort of thing.

[/QUOTE]

They're far less difficult than many NES classics, so I don't see that being a consideration.

Return to “Modern Gaming”