Sut1

Resogun PS4 - Defender Homage

Postby Sut1 » November 25th, 2013, 2:08 pm

http://m.youtube.com/user/InecomCompany?desktop_uri=%2Fuser%2FInecomCompany

This looks amazing !

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » November 25th, 2013, 11:48 pm

Hmm, the link brought up a review of the Famicom.  A quick search on the other hand showed a very sweet looking Defender style clone.

This reminds of when the 360 came out.  I sunk more time into Geometry Wars than nearly anything else for awhile.  I can certainly see myself doing the same thing to Resogun.  Very cool.

Sut1

Postby Sut1 » November 26th, 2013, 4:26 am

Sorry for duff link !

Reminds me of Super Stardust, hopefully this does for Defender what Stardust did for Asteroids.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » June 24th, 2014, 9:05 am

Has anyone played Resogun?

They're doing a free update that lets you design your own ship.  The pics I've seen so far look pretty cool.  

http://www.psu.com/a023813/Resoguns-PS4-ship-editor-produces-amazing-fan-made-creations---check-these-out

A few samples include an Iron Man, Tardis, Tie Fighter, Death Star, and other characters from other gaming franchises.

Retro STrife

Re: Resogun PS4 - Defender Homage

Postby Retro STrife » May 25th, 2022, 1:28 am

Defender + Geometry Wars = RESOGUN

And man, this game is amazing. Resogun totally flew under my radar for years.. I tend to overlook shmups, unless someone hits me over the head and forces me to try it. Well, I heard Resogun mentioned somewhere with high praise as a modern classic recently, and then saw it on sale for $7.50 in the PS Store, so I figured “what the heck”. Then I spent my whole day playing it.

Do I like Defender? Nope, I think it sucks, very hard and overrated. Do I like Geometry Wars? Yeah, for 5 minutes. After that, nope. Resogun solves the problems of both with a perfect mash-up. Play it if you like shooters.

Return to “Modern Gaming”