Lair Patch?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DaHeckIzDat1

Lair Patch?

Postby DaHeckIzDat1 » March 15th, 2013, 10:39 pm

First of all, hello!  This is my first post!  I've been following the Critic for several years now, and I just discovered the forums. 

Now then, I'm considering buying a used copy of the PS3 launch title, Lair.  I know it had some major issues when it was released, mainly concerning the sixaxis controls, but I just found out that a patch was released that mostly did away with the motion controls, and, from what I've heard, significantly improves the entire experience.  What do you think?  I've heard the story is enjoyable, and that's always a big plus for me, so if that's true I could probably overlook a few minor issues.

ActRaiser1

Lair Patch?

Postby ActRaiser1 » March 16th, 2013, 9:57 am

I'd say go for it.  I picked it up and played through a large chunk of it using the regular controller.  It's fun and I enjoyed it.

And welcome to the forums!

JustLikeHeaven1

Lair Patch?

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » March 18th, 2013, 10:42 am

I also say go for it.  Back when the game first came out I purchased it and was a big fan.  The issues with the motion controls were over-blown in my opinion.  Lair is certainly rough around the edges, but if you crave something like the old Rogue Squadron games (or Panzer Dragoon) then it will satisfy the craving.  Again, it's not perfect, but if you can get it cheap you'll probably have alot of fun with it.

Return to “Modern Gaming”