Xbox Exclusives?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Dave1

Xbox Exclusives?

Postby Dave1 » March 27th, 2015, 11:19 am

My lovely wife surprised me with an Xbox One for my birthday, and I need some advice on exlusives. I already have a PS4, Wii U, and gaming PC, so I'm struggling a bit to find stuff for it. Here's my list so far:

1. Sunset Overdrive - Easy choice here. Exclusive, and looks really good.

2. Ori and the something - On PC but I'd rather play on my TV.

3. Crimson Dragon - I love Panzer Dragoon so I'm buying this for sure.

4. Dead Rising 3 - Also on PC, but whatever.

And...that's it right now. I have Ryse on PC already, and Halo doesn't interest me. Anything else that I'm missing?

ptdebate1

Xbox Exclusives?

Postby ptdebate1 » March 27th, 2015, 12:20 pm

Enjoy! I have both a PS4 and Xbox One and have to say that I slightly prefer the latter so far.

"Ori and the something" ([tongue]) Is GREAT. I'm in the process of reviewing it right now. Impossibly beautiful 2D platformer with really tight gameplay.

Definitely get Killer Instinct if you even remotely enjoy fighting games. It's my favorite 2D fighter of all time.

Finally, I highly recommend the Master Chief Collection despite the online issues. The campaigns on offer are the best version of the Halo experience to date.

TimPossible1

Xbox Exclusives?

Postby TimPossible1 » March 27th, 2015, 3:03 pm

Ryse Son of Rome

Forza Motorsport 5

Forza Horizon

Halo Master Chief Collection

Screamride

I have the same systems as you and only by exclusives for Xbox One. I prefer the PS4.

Vexer1

Xbox Exclusives?

Postby Vexer1 » March 27th, 2015, 7:05 pm

There's also Dark Dreams Don't Die(AKA D4), which is an episodic adventure game made by the same guys that made Deadly Premonition, but you'd be forgiven for not hearing about that one, as I had no idea it had even come out until I was checking it's Wikipedia page to look at it's current status, so it's marketing must not have been that great, the game has got some pretty good reviews and sounds very intriguing.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-d4-dark-dreams-don-t-die-prologue-episode-1-episode-2--281305.phtml

Also I should mention that the online issues in the Master Chief Collection were finally fixed earlier this month, so now's the perfect time to get it.

Atarifever1

Xbox Exclusives?

Postby Atarifever1 » March 27th, 2015, 9:13 pm

I don't have one, but if I got one, I'd get the Master Chief Collection.  I could buy that console and just that game and never buy another game again I think.  I've been playing a ton of Halo 3 with my best friend lately, and I have to say that series has no end of potential couch co-op, online, or single player fun.  To have the whole collection in one package is an insanely good deal.  Best deal I think I have ever seen in gaming.  

Dave1

Xbox Exclusives?

Postby Dave1 » March 28th, 2015, 11:58 am

Thanks for the advice! Picked up Sunset Overdrive today, and downloaded Ori. Maybe I should at least try the Halo Collection, even though I'm not a FPS fan. It is only 35 dollars on Amazon...

I forgot about D4. When I first heard about it I thought it was a sequel to the D series on the Saturn and DC. That would've been pretty cool.

ActRaiser1

Xbox Exclusives?

Postby ActRaiser1 » March 28th, 2015, 12:58 pm

Egad, man

Titanfall!

Get the digital download version.  Don't bother with the disk as it's an online only multiplayer game.  They were having sales for it not too long ago where the whole game was $12.50 including all of the expanded map packs.

Even if you're terrible at FPSes, you can still contribute to your team by killing the bots.  It's insanely fun and addictive.  

Mechs, parkour style running and gunning.  If you don't like FPS, you can play the Last Titan Standing playlist - it's nothing but mechs killing mechs.

Titanfall was why I got an Xbox One.  Everything else might come up short when compared against the PS4, but this game is awesome.

Pass on Crimson Dragon unless you can get it for cheap as it is in no way comparable to Panzer Dragoon Orta (that was my dream at least).

ptdebate1

Xbox Exclusives?

Postby ptdebate1 » March 28th, 2015, 2:01 pm

[QUOTE=ActRaiser]Egad, man

Titanfall!

Get the digital download version.  Don't bother with the disk as it's an online only multiplayer game.  They were having sales for it not too long ago where the whole game was $12.50 including all of the expanded map packs.

Even if you're terrible at FPSes, you can still contribute to your team by killing the bots.  It's insanely fun and addictive.  

Mechs, parkour style running and gunning.  If you don't like FPS, you can play the Last Titan Standing playlist - it's nothing but mechs killing mechs.

Titanfall was why I got an Xbox One.  Everything else might come up short when compared against the PS4, but this game is awesome.

Pass on Crimson Dragon unless you can get it for cheap as it is in no way comparable to Panzer Dragoon Orta (that was my dream at least).[/QUOTE]

Oh, and now the Titanfall Season Pass is free to boot! So all you need is the base game, which I'm sure can be had for $10 or less somewhere.

Gilly1

Xbox Exclusives?

Postby Gilly1 » March 28th, 2015, 11:46 pm

Forza Horizon 2 Fast & Furious expansion pack just came out and is free for like 2 weeks, $10 after that. Plus it's a stand alone expansion so you don't have to own Forza Horizon 2.
Also, while not exclusive, Rayman Legends is free till the end of March with gold membership. I'm assuming you activated a free gold trial since your console is new.
Later this year, Rise of the Tomb Raider is exclusive at launch, plus Halo 5, and Forza Motorsports 6. I prefer the open world Horizon to more traditional racer Motorsport, but it's cool they make both in rotation.

Dave1

Xbox Exclusives?

Postby Dave1 » March 31st, 2015, 12:29 am

Titanfall added to the list. Is the community still fairly active being that it's an online only game? I don't generally play racers other than Mario Kart, so I don't know if I'd like Forza. I can't get into the Gran Turismo series.

I also have to say that this is one of best controllers I've ever felt. While I really like the Dualshock 4, this one is just better. The only complaint I have is the slightly awkward placement of the RB/LB buttons, but other than that, it's just about perfect.

Return to “Modern Gaming”