PS4 Arcade Sticks?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

PS4 Arcade Sticks?

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 17th, 2015, 11:30 am

One thing I noticed when reviewing Mortal Kombat X is that I could really use a good arcade-style joystick for my PS4. However, apparently there are none available. In fact, there isn't even an X-Arcade adaptor!

I have an Xbox 360 Street Fighter joystick from the last generation, but obviously that's not going to do me much good.

Thoughts?

Rev

Re: PS4 Arcade Sticks?

Postby Rev » May 17th, 2015, 11:39 am

Maybe no one has made one because there aren't enough fighting games for the PS4 yet... I'm sure the pS3 has one but I don't think there has been another big 1 on 1 fighter for the next generation, until MKX.

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » May 17th, 2015, 12:28 pm

Lab Zero (the developer for Skullgirls) created a driver that will allow PS3 fightsticks to be used on fighting games on the PS4. NetherRealm Studios licensed that driver, so at least some PS3 fightsticks will work for the PS4 version of Mortal Kombat X. If you already have one (even if it's not one of those listed) you could try it out:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... -confirms/

Oltobaz

Postby Oltobaz » May 18th, 2015, 1:16 am

Hori already designed two joysticks compatible with the PS3 and the PS4. There's also an X Box One version. The Real Arcade Pro 4 and 5 (or RAP 4 and 5) are extremely well designed, with awesome controls said to be even better than standards SANWA joysticks and buttons, and that's saying something (These controls arre being used in Japan arcade game centers as well as respected console joysticks such as the Qanba series...) I purchased a RAP 4 while over in Japan a month ago or so. Works like a charm!

Return to “Modern Gaming”