The Evil within

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
BlasteroidAli

The Evil within

Postby BlasteroidAli » July 13th, 2015, 3:56 pm

I love survival horror games so much. Though in recent years they have stopped bring as much fun. Resident evil has lost its way after 4 so when this game came out I was like this could be the next big thing. Then I noticed that Capcom were not bringing it out and the trepidation started in my gut.
Bethesda are known for their great titles and their okay titles so which is it?

The game starts off well but I had the feeling it was a bit like Alone in the dark on the 360 at the start. Then next part I got chased around just like Outlast but this time by a guy with a chainsaw. Tedious was my first thought and utterly lacking in originality.
Then I got past that bit. Next up I seem to be chasing someone. This part of the game is silent hill but not as good. Or should I say the save system is.

So here is the reason for my post. Why is this game so expletive hard?

I was at the same bit the guy with the chainsaw on Chapter 3 and I cannot get by him. I thought the days of these games were dead. I turned it off and put on ass Creed black flag.

Vexer6

Re: The Evil within

Postby Vexer6 » July 13th, 2015, 5:41 pm

I disagree, I think Resident Evil has gotten better with every game since 4.

Are you playing Evil Within on the hardest difficulty? I played on Survival and didn't find it that hard, I was never really short on ammo. Here's an easy trick to beating the Chainsaw guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i31iMLqtwA

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » July 13th, 2015, 6:27 pm

Oh boy--I could go on and on about this game.

First off, let me assist you with the chainsaw guy. First, it is advised that your first time around, you fully clear the area of goons before taking on the big guy. If you don't, they'll try to attack you while you're fighting him. You don't want that.

Once you've engaged the sadist (chainsaw guy), if you want to get the trophy (or achievement, as the case may be) for killing him with a stab of your knife, make sure you have gotten the flash bolt from the tall tower in the middle of town. Hit him with a few shotgun blasts (sometimes, these briefly startle him, allowing you to get more than one in)--four total should be good. Then hit him with a flash bolt, immediately run towards him and crouch to trigger the stealth kill command. Execute this action. Repeat with more bolts as needed.

This is a great example of a tough game that gets a lot easier as you learn how to manipulate its systems. It can and will be really fun, just stick with it and try to conserve your trap parts and bolts for bosses. Some of the mechanics are a little loose but can be mastered if fully understood.

What platform are you playing on? What difficulty setting? Regardless, make sure you disable the letter box in the title menu to fix the FOV.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm more than happy to help!

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » July 13th, 2015, 7:23 pm

My pal was round and beat the chainsaw guy first time! I must be getting worse at video games.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » July 17th, 2015, 3:50 am

Thanks for the replies.

I like the story a lot and to get new IP is always fun. I will give it another go when I am off work later.

Return to “Modern Gaming”