360 Perfect Dark Zero

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
matmico399

360 Perfect Dark Zero

Postby matmico399 » January 1st, 2016, 7:38 pm

The VGC gave this a mediocre review and I had not heard many good things about it. I will say I have never had the advantage of playing the original Perfect Dark on the N64 (although I do have Goldeneye now). But I must say I find this 360 version fantastic! I was blown away by the speedy game play and how you can accomplish so much so fast. And I am finding the levels very unique and fascinating. And Joanna looks great. Were people's low ratings just because it was inferior to the prequel? If so I think it deserves a higher rating. I picked it up off Ebay for 4.99 with free shipping and consider this to be about the best bargain for a solid game I have ever got. Your thoughts.....

Steve

Re: 360 Perfect Dark Zero

Postby Steve » January 1st, 2016, 10:57 pm

This was always one of my favorite Xbox 360 games and remains so to this day. I never understood the criticism against this game. I only played Perfect Dark afterwards and just couldn't get into it.

Shapur

Re: 360 Perfect Dark Zero

Postby Shapur » January 2nd, 2016, 2:32 am

It's ok. The controls take a lot of getting used to. The absolute necessity of getting a head shot was a bit off putting. I mean you'd think 30 rounds to the chest would kill someone, but nooooooooo :lol:

I will say that four player split screen with bots was a blast. So few games have bots that I still played this one quite a bit, and it takes a lot of flak for just being very different from either Perfect Dark or CoD or Halo. It's just sort of its own thing.

Return to “Modern Gaming”