Xbox One X launch

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
scotland

Xbox One X launch

Postby scotland » November 8th, 2017, 3:37 pm

We all know consoles often have launch issues. Hasn't been that long since we were talking Switch launch issues, which don't seem to be talked about anymore. The new Xbox One X just launched, and there are discussions of the box shutting down during play.

It's all so new, so we'll see if it is a real issue and how quickly MS fixes it

GameOfThrones

Re: Xbox One X launch

Postby GameOfThrones » November 8th, 2017, 7:12 pm

Well that is why I do not buy launch editions. You have to wait a year for them to iron out the problems. Though that idea has not worked for Windows 10 which is still buggy.

Currently I cannot see the need to buy one as I do not have a 4k tv. Also my xbone is working ok.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » November 9th, 2017, 2:11 am

Against my better judgement and sensibilities, I did pick up an Xbox One X on the 7th. Definitely has a solid and compact design - quite a good deal smaller than my PS4 Pro. So far so good but I only play tested one game, Assassin's Creed Origins. A few frame rate hiccups here and there but no major flaws to report. That 1TB hard drive is going to look very stingy once one starts getting 3 or 4 games on there.

scotland

Postby scotland » November 9th, 2017, 8:02 am

DrLitch wrote:Against my better judgement and sensibilities, I did pick up an Xbox One X on the 7th. Definitely has a solid and compact design - quite a good deal smaller than my PS4 Pro. So far so good but I only play tested one game, Assassin's Creed Origins. A few frame rate hiccups here and there but no major flaws to report. That 1TB hard drive is going to look very stingy once one starts getting 3 or 4 games on there.

Hope you enjoy your new system. Its always a memorable day getting a new console.

How big are the games for this thing? Assassins Creed Origins is what - 50 gigs? That 1 TB drive should hold a lot more than a few games, right?

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » November 9th, 2017, 6:26 pm

scotland wrote:
DrLitch wrote:Against my better judgement and sensibilities, I did pick up an Xbox One X on the 7th. Definitely has a solid and compact design - quite a good deal smaller than my PS4 Pro. So far so good but I only play tested one game, Assassin's Creed Origins. A few frame rate hiccups here and there but no major flaws to report. That 1TB hard drive is going to look very stingy once one starts getting 3 or 4 games on there.

Hope you enjoy your new system. Its always a memorable day getting a new console.

How big are the games for this thing? Assassins Creed Origins is what - 50 gigs? That 1 TB drive should hold a lot more than a few games, right?

I hear gears of war 4 is 103 gigabytes.

The reason it is no longer on my hard drive is that it was 80 gigabytes on my xbox 1. At least 40 gigs of bloatware as far as i can see.

scotland

Postby scotland » November 9th, 2017, 7:04 pm

GameOfThrones wrote: I hear gears of war 4 is 103 gigabytes. The reason it is no longer on my hard drive is that it was 80 gigabytes on my xbox 1. At least 40 gigs of bloatware as far as i can see.

Holy Weight Watchers - that's huge. To get a game to look good at 4k, I guess sizes are shooting up to the moon.

At one point, physical media was just the best way to deliver several gigabytes, but at 100 gigabytes - wow. It seems like a digital download, even if its slow, would be the best way to deliver that much.

Return to “Modern Gaming”