Valkyria Chronicles 4 recently announced for PS4 and Pro/Xbox One and X/Nintendo Switch for next year!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9

Valkyria Chronicles 4 recently announced for PS4 and Pro/Xbox One and X/Nintendo Switch for next year!

Postby Sonicx9 » November 29th, 2017, 9:27 pm

https://gematsu.com/2017/11/valkyria-ch ... one-switch

A little late with this post, but this is a big deal as many people do love the Valkyria franchisee namely 1,2 and 3. And the best part of all it is next gen/Switch only which means it will be way better then Valkyria Revolution released earlier this year because the thing that partly ruined that game was the PS Vita version co-existing alongside the PS4/Xbox One versions. And because the PS Vita is less powerful then the PS4/Xbox One and even the PS3/Xbox 360/Wii U for that matter. They did held back the game for the PS Vita with dumb AI, small maps, and unimpressive graphics/framerate to boot, etc. But now that PS Vita is out of the bags with the Nintendo Switch taking its place they can create smarter AI, bigger maps, better graphics/framerate, etc. Oddly no PC version right now, but it may come later.

Yes, the Nintendo Switch is not as powerful as the base PS4/Xbox One, but the gap between the Nintendo Switch to the PS4/Xbox One is way smaller then the PS Vita to the PS4/Xbox One by wide margins. With the PS Vita being between the original Xbox and the PS3/Xbox 360 in raw specs. The Nintendo Switch is between the Wii U and base Xbox One in raw power with it being closer to the base Xbox One thanks to modern up to date API software support, more ram 4GB vs 512MB, more max Gflops GPU specs 393.2/157.2 vs 28.4: http://kyokojap.myweb.hinet.net/gpu_gflops/, more powerful CPU, etc. So things should be in a much better state then Valkyria Revolution hands down.

Thoughts on this announcement?

GameOfThrones

Re: Valkyria Chronicles 4 recently announced for PS4 and Pro/Xbox One and X/Nintendo Switch for next year!

Postby GameOfThrones » November 30th, 2017, 7:01 am

I have it on ps3. It is quite a good game but it more about the story than the game. Most of the time I kept thinking are these cut scenes every going to end? The switch will be more than capable of running this game well.

Probably good if you like FF. I am surprised the Final Fantasy Type 0 HD has not found its way onto the Switch. It does seem a game that would be perfectly suited to the switch.

Sonicx9

Re: Valkyria Chronicles 4 recently announced for PS4 and Pro/Xbox One and X/Nintendo Switch for next year!

Postby Sonicx9 » November 30th, 2017, 11:52 am

GameOfThrones wrote:I have it on ps3. It is quite a good game but it more about the story than the game. Most of the time I kept thinking are these cut scenes every going to end? The switch will be more than capable of running this game well.

Probably good if you like FF. I am surprised the Final Fantasy Type 0 HD has not found its way onto the Switch. It does seem a game that would be perfectly suited to the switch.

Fun Fact Final Fantasy Type 0 HD was originally a PSP game in Japan.: https://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/951986-fin ... asy-type-0 So it could run on the Nintendo Switch no problem!

Return to “Modern Gaming”