This months's free PS+ games

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DaHeckIzDat

This months's free PS+ games

Postby DaHeckIzDat » January 3rd, 2018, 7:53 pm

Seeing what games Sony is giving me for free each month is always exciting, so I thought I'd make a thread so we can all talk about them. This month's (January 2018) selection is surprisingly good!

For PS4:
- Telltale's Batman (I've wanted to play this for a long time!)
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Maybe this'll finally get me to play Human Revolution)
- Uncanny Valley (This month's indie title. I don't care much for indie games, but this one actually looks interesting)
- Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (visual novel based on an anime I haven't watched... meh)

PS3:
- Sacred 3 (looks kinda like Diablo, might check it out)
- The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (funny point and click, again might check it out)

Vita:
- Uncanny Valley (crossbuy for PS4)
- Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (also crossbuy)

What do you guys think?

ESauce

Re: This months's free PS+ games

Postby ESauce » January 3rd, 2018, 11:22 pm

There are some good games in this month’s PS plus lineup. I don’t have a PS4 or ps plus but dang. The Telltale Batman game is great.

Sut

Postby Sut » January 4th, 2018, 2:21 am

PS+ games have been really good of late, I’ve added them all to my library (a lesson learned from the PS3). But haven’t got round to playing any yet. Sonic Mania is still taking up all my play time.
Great idea for a thread. Never played a telltale game, I’m sure I have another (Walking Dead maybe ?) in the PS+ library so looking forward to that. Likewise Deus Ex as I enjoyed the very first game but haven’t played any title since.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » January 4th, 2018, 4:52 pm

Thanks for this thread! I always forget to check for the free games, so I appreciate the reminder and the list of games! Sony makes a big deal of the free games when trying to get you to sign up for PS+, but then hides the feature deep within the bowels of the PS Store after you sign up. If you don't think to look, you miss out. Which is me, almost every month. So I appreciate it, keep em coming!

Sut

Postby Sut » January 5th, 2018, 4:15 am

Retro STrife wrote:but then hides the feature deep within the bowels of the PS Store after you sign up. If you don't think to look, you miss out. Which is me, almost every month. So I appreciate it, keep em coming!

You can opt for a reminder email from them, they send a preview email plus a don’t forget to download email later in the month. It has come in useful a couple of times.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » January 5th, 2018, 10:09 am

I always use their online web store to add them all to my cart at one time. It takes 2 minutes and then I have them. It's way quicker than booting up each device and going to the stores directly. You can also set the games to download to your devices on their next check in.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/gri ... REEGAMES/1

The above link might work for you.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » January 6th, 2018, 8:24 pm

ActRaiser wrote:I always use their online web store to add them all to my cart at one time. It takes 2 minutes and then I have them. It's way quicker than booting up each device and going to the stores directly. You can also set the games to download to your devices on their next check in.

I do the same. It has also given me a PS4 library despite my not owning a PS4 yet. One day, I will buy a PS4 and have dozens of games already on it.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » January 7th, 2018, 2:46 pm

Atarifever wrote:
ActRaiser wrote:I always use their online web store to add them all to my cart at one time. It takes 2 minutes and then I have them. It's way quicker than booting up each device and going to the stores directly. You can also set the games to download to your devices on their next check in.

I do the same. It has also given me a PS4 library despite my not owning a PS4 yet. One day, I will buy a PS4 and have dozens of games already on it.

You subscribed to PS+ without owning a PS4?

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » January 7th, 2018, 4:44 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:
Atarifever wrote:

I've been a subscriber since 2011...It's why my 1TB PS3 hard drive is full of games I might never find time to play haha.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » January 7th, 2018, 7:39 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:
Atarifever wrote:

Yes. For all the PS3 and PS Vita games it gives me every month obviously. It's over 24 Vita and 24 PS3 games a year, plus a library of 24 games a year for a system I will also eventually own, plus discounts on other games for my Vita and PS3, for $70 Canadian a year. Why in the world would I not subscribe just because I didn't have one of those 3 systems yet?

Return to “Modern Gaming”