This months's free PS+ games

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DaHeckIzDat

Re: This months's free PS+ games

Postby DaHeckIzDat » January 31st, 2018, 11:21 am

Sony hasn't announced what February's free games will be, but they have announced that anyone who signs up for PS+ in February will get a free copy of Far Cry 4. This only applies to people who do not have an account already, which is pretty bogus IMO.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » January 31st, 2018, 12:21 pm

I take it back! Next month's free games just got announced.

PS4:
- Knack (meh)
- Rime (puzzle game that looks kinda Ico/Shadow of the Colossus-ish in terms of atmosphere. Will probably check it out)
- Grand Kingdom (turn based strategy rpg, looks kind of similar to Advance Wars. Might check out.)
PS3:
- Spelunker HD (this literally just looks like Spelunky with a new coat of paint. Meh.)
- Mugen Souls Z (anime fanservice JRPG... I hate these)

Vita:
- Exile's End (pixel-y action sidescroller)
- Grand Kingdom (crossbuy)

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » January 31st, 2018, 2:15 pm

Not as good as last month, but Rime looks good. I've considered it a couple times when it was on sale.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » January 31st, 2018, 4:07 pm

Retro STrife wrote:Not as good as last month, but Rime looks good. I've considered it a couple times when it was on sale.

Yeah, it seems like they've got a pattern going. One month of good games, one month of meh. I got Metal Gear Solid: Phantom Pain, Just Cause 3, and The Amnesia Collection all from those good months.

eneuman96

Postby eneuman96 » January 31st, 2018, 7:12 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:Spelunker HD (this literally just looks like Spelunky with a new coat of paint. Meh.)

Although Spelunky was very loosely inspired by Spelunker, which originated on home computers in the early 80s before getting an infamously hard NES version, in reality the two games have very little in common. Spelunker HD actually has a pretty decent amount of old-school charm, particularly if you play it with 8-bit graphics as opposed to the ass-ugly default visuals, and fixes a couple of the more irritating aspects of the NES version.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » February 28th, 2018, 1:45 pm

March's games have just been announced, and they look awesome!

PS4:
- Bloodborne (GEEEETTTTT ITTTTTT)
- Ratchet and Clank (sweet!)
- Claire (pixel sidescroller horror, looks similar to Uncanny Valley)
- Bombing Busters (looks like a Bomberman clone)

PS3:
- Legend of Kay (action platformer, originally on PS2. Might check it out)
- Mighty No. 9 (free is still too expensive for this. Pass!)

Vita:
- Claire (crossbuy)
- Bombing Busters (also crossbuy)

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » February 28th, 2018, 1:50 pm

Wow that's a nice lineup. Will definitely download Bloodborne and Ratchet & Clank. The rest don't interest me much, but still interesting enough to consider at $0.

Sut

Postby Sut » February 28th, 2018, 2:50 pm

Nice been wanting to check Bloodborne out for a while.
Also I believe they are going PS4 only from 08/03 on PS+ (no more PS3 or Vita). Which is understandable at this point.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » February 28th, 2018, 10:46 pm

Sony's been pushing Bloodborne quite a lot recently, it seems like. A month or so ago, they made the complete edition cheaper to download than just buying the DLC. Now they're making the base game free for an entire month. Makes me wonder if they're setting us up for a Bloodborne 2 announcement?

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » March 6th, 2018, 10:42 pm

Out of curiosity, to anyone playing Bloodborne, are you having trouble connecting to the servers? I assume it's because of all the newbs downloading it and flooding the servers, but I can't find anyone else mentioning it.

Return to “Modern Gaming”