This months's free PS+ games

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Retro STrife

Re: This months's free PS+ games

Postby Retro STrife » March 7th, 2018, 5:50 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:PS4:
- Bloodborne (GEEEETTTTT ITTTTTT)

Bloodborne or Dark Souls?? Choose wisely.. I may only ever have time to play one of them, so I want to make the right choice. I just downloaded Bloodborne for PS4 today, and I have Dark Souls for Xbox 360.

I like RPGs.. but I don't generally like punishing games like these.. so I don't think I'll like them, but I'm willing to give one of them a shot.

ESauce

Postby ESauce » March 7th, 2018, 6:25 pm

Retro STrife wrote:

Bloodborne or Dark Souls?? Choose wisely.. I may only ever have time to play one of them, so I want to make the right choice. I just downloaded Bloodborne for PS4 today, and I have Dark Souls for Xbox 360.

I like RPGs.. but I don't generally like punishing games like these.. so I don't think I'll like them, but I'm willing to give one of them a shot.

And you’re making this choice for me now too! Same boat. No time. Want to try one. Probably won’t like it.

Sut

Postby Sut » March 8th, 2018, 3:23 am

DaHeckIzDat wrote:Out of curiosity, to anyone playing Bloodborne, are you having trouble connecting to the servers? I assume it's because of all the newbs downloading it and flooding the servers, but I can't find anyone else mentioning it.

Is Bloodborne an online game ? Always thought it was single player ?

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » March 8th, 2018, 8:05 am

Sut wrote:
DaHeckIzDat wrote:Out of curiosity, to anyone playing Bloodborne, are you having trouble connecting to the servers? I assume it's because of all the newbs downloading it and flooding the servers, but I can't find anyone else mentioning it.

Is Bloodborne an online game ? Always thought it was single player ?

It's like the Souls games. They're technically single player but you're on a server so you can see other players run around as ghosts. When they die they'll leave bloodstains so you can watch how they died. They can leave messages on the floor for other players to read. And you can summon them to help you fight bosses, or they can invade your game and fight you. You CAN play offline and get rid of all these things, but they're kind of a staple of the Souls seriss.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » March 9th, 2018, 2:08 pm

ESauce wrote:
Retro STrife wrote:

And you’re making this choice for me now too! Same boat. No time. Want to try one. Probably won’t like it.

Well, don't leave us hanging! What do you guys think?

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » March 28th, 2018, 10:22 pm

April's free games have just been announced!

PS4:
- Mad Max (not a huge fan, will probably pass)
- Trackmania Turbo (was actually thinking of buying this a couple months ago. will definitely get)

PS3:
- In Space We Brawl (multiplayer top down space fighter. meh)
- Toy Home (racing game, but your car is a toy so everything else is huge. also, is not Micro Machines)

Vita:
- 99 Vidas (looks like a side scrolling beat-em-up, like Streets of Rage)
- Q*Bert Rebooted (It's Q*Bert with shinier graphics. what else can I say?)

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » April 4th, 2018, 4:19 pm

I've been playing Trackmania Turbo the past two days, and this game is just pure fun! It's the perfect mix between realistic and arcade racing, with tracks that range from "jump the Grand Canyon" to "DRIVE ON THIS FREAKING ROLLER COASTER". I can't wait to try out the Create Your Own Track feature. My favorite part so far, though, are the 100 player online races. Everyone else is just a ghost, which bummed me out at first, but I got over that pretty fast when I realized 100 actual players would cause an insane traffic jam. Even so, it's hilarious to start the race and see 99 other people immediately drive face first into a wall.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » April 6th, 2018, 8:40 am

Trackmania is good. I have it on xbox.

My friend says that Mad Max is good. As such I suggest you try it out. It is good on the one.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » April 6th, 2018, 9:19 am

Thanks for the heads up on Trackmania. I downloaded it and played a few rounds. Seems decent enough so far. I haven't tried online yet, because you have to create a Ubisoft account, which is very annoying...

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » April 28th, 2018, 2:25 pm

May 2018's games have been announced! Kind of a mixed bag this time around.

PS4:
Beyond: Two Souls (Meh, pass)
Rayman: Legends (I've heard this was good! I'll check it out.)
King Oddball (It's... Angry Birds? Except instead of a slingshot you have a tongue... catapult... whaaa? Pass!)
Furmins (Lemmings + Physics Puzzles = another mobile phone game. Pass again!)

PS3:
Risen 3: Titan Lords (Pirates? RPG? PIRATE RPG?! ME WANT! ME WANT BAD!)
Eat Them (looks like a Rampage ripoff. A Rampage movie also just came out. Coincidence? I think NOT!)

Vita:
King Oddball (crossbuy with PS4)
Furmins (crossbuy with PS4)

Return to “Modern Gaming”