A biased articles on why people should get a PS4 and Pro over the Nintendo Switch!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
ThePixelatedGenocide

Re: A biased articles on why people should get a PS4 and Pro over the Nintendo Switch!

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » July 28th, 2018, 8:41 pm

Man, I've heard so much about the NES lately, but besides a few exclusives like Punch-Out and Super Mario 3, what's it offer that doesn't play better on an X68000? Castlevania? Gradius? Ha! The real versions are all here! Personal computer master race forever!

I can't accept anything less than the best. I was the king of Maze War death match, sniping my friend's unsuspecting eyeballs in no clip mode while all you peasants were still playing Pong.

But seriously, Nintendo should have stuck to the Game and Watch series, which at least has the virtue of being portable. How do poor people play anything with so much sprite flicker, when those sprites are the size of insects? At least have the decency to buy an Amiga! (Or a bloody ST, if you've got no pride left at all.)

Sonicx9

Re: A biased articles on why people should get a PS4 and Pro over the Nintendo Switch!

Postby Sonicx9 » July 28th, 2018, 10:46 pm

ThePixelatedGenocide wrote:Man, I've heard so much about the NES lately, but besides a few exclusives like Punch-Out and Super Mario 3, what's it offer that doesn't play better on an X68000? Castlevania? Gradius? Ha! The real versions are all here! Personal computer master race forever!

I can't accept anything less than the best. I was the king of Maze War death match, sniping my friend's unsuspecting eyeballs in no clip mode while all you peasants were still playing Pong.

But seriously, Nintendo should have stuck to the Game and Watch series, which at least has the virtue of being portable. How do poor people play anything with so much sprite flicker, when those sprites are the size of insects? At least have the decency to buy an Amiga! (Or a bloody ST, if you've got no pride left at all.)

Actually the X68000 of Castlevania and Gradius are quite different so it does not count.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » July 29th, 2018, 1:23 am

Sonicx9 wrote:Actually the X68000 of Castlevania and Gradius are quite different so it does not count.

Yeah, the X68000 Castlevania is really something. Coolest clock level in the series.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » July 29th, 2018, 1:55 pm

Actually the X68000 of Castlevania and Gradius are quite different so it does not count.

And by different, you really mean better. As you pointed out earlier, quite wisely, the most important thing in a gamer's life is gaining Tony Stark amounts of money, and treating yourself to only the very best things that money can buy you. Entertainment System? Playstation?

They're just other names for children's toys. Who has the time?

JWK

Postby JWK » July 29th, 2018, 1:58 pm

If Persona 5 isn’t considered a PS4 exclusive because a downgraded version released simultaneously on PS3, then you’re taking away most of the Switch’s games; the many Wii U ports.

If you’re saying a PS4 or XBox One isn’t worth a purchase outside of the 1st party exclusives, what do you think the point of owning a Switch is? First party titles are the only reason to own a Nintendo home console for the last few generations.

It also makes no sense to say, “Well, I can play those games on PC,” when you state a couple posts later that you don’t game on PC. Be consistent.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » July 29th, 2018, 4:03 pm

JWK wrote:If Persona 5 isn’t considered a PS4 exclusive because a downgraded version released simultaneously on PS3, then you’re taking away most of the Switch’s games; the many Wii U ports.

If you’re saying a PS4 or XBox One isn’t worth a purchase outside of the 1st party exclusives, what do you think the point of owning a Switch is? First party titles are the only reason to own a Nintendo home console for the last few generations.

It also makes no sense to say, “Well, I can play those games on PC,” when you state a couple posts later that you don’t game on PC. Be consistent.

This isn't about being consistent or making sense; it's about the self-evident truth that the Switch is the only current console you're allowed to support or even like.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » July 29th, 2018, 6:19 pm

Wow. There are still console wars. Colour me surprised. I assumed those ended when one of the manufacturers only started making handhelds, one of the others essentially declared it was leaving the field to make a computer streaming service, and only one company was actively still trying to make consoles. I wonder if the Nintendo handheld will win the Nintendo handheld market next generation? I wonder if the Playstation console will win the Playstation console market next generation? Wow, I wonder if the Xbox streaming service will be better than Onlive and can compete with Steam. The borders are drawn and agreed on guys. Console war's done. Go home.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » July 29th, 2018, 11:47 pm

I also thought console wars were a thing of the past, what we grew up with in SNES/Genesis days up to PS2/XB/DC/GC perhaps. In the good old day's - when we were kids or teens, before major internet discussions, before we had the coin to own more than one console. At least we handle ourselves well without throwing any toys out of the pram. Were this discussion on a certain Atari forum and some others I go to it would quickly escalate :lol:

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » July 30th, 2018, 2:57 pm

ThePixelatedGenocide wrote:

And by different, you really mean better. As you pointed out earlier, quite wisely, the most important thing in a gamer's life is gaining Tony Stark amounts of money, and treating yourself to only the very best things that money can buy you. Entertainment System? Playstation?

They're just other names for children's toys. Who has the time?

They are not better or worse they are different experiences back when different systems had different experiences and unique librares and games, and diffrent looks and feel. I missed thoses days which is why the Switch is the only system like that.

JWK wrote:If Persona 5 isn’t considered a PS4 exclusive because a downgraded version released simultaneously on PS3, then you’re taking away most of the Switch’s games; the many Wii U ports.

1st point the PS3 version is rather identical to the PS4 version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAHlOJlQhsU and secound of all most cross-gen PS3/Xbox 360/PS Vita versions range from decent to excellent ports save for a few turds such as the infamous Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor ports which ran terrible and dumb down the awesome Nemesis System a key gameplay mechanic that only works on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. This is nothing like the Game Boy Mortal Kombat ports from back in the day as times have change big time.

2nd pint, you where mostly correct during the N64/GameCube/Wii/Wii U days, but the system has plenty of quality games exclusive from 1st and few 3rd party games along with quality multi console games.

3rd point, yes I don like gaming on PC because of viruses/malware/bugs/glitches and compatibility issues, etc. But if I had a choice between PC and PS4/Xbox One along with Pro and X I would choice the PC because people on YouTube said so.

Stalvern wrote:This isn't about being consistent or making sense; it's about the self-evident truth that the Switch is the only current console you're allowed to support or even like.

That is true, it the only main console outside of 3DS and PS Vita I like of the 8th gen because I though the 3 main consoles (Wii U, PS4, and Xbox One) not counting PS4 Pro and Xbox One X where huge disappointing letdown turds for me, and I am not the only one to think this way, look at people like Dave the Video Game Critic himself on the website, and Rich of ReviewTechUSA as the Switch is more unique and different and does not suffer from awful install/load times like the PS4 and Xbox One and have the Wii U infamous problems, etc! The read flag was the many corss-gen handheld versions of PC/PS4/Xbox One/and even Wii U to a smaller degree getting ported to the PS3/Xbox 360/3DS/PS Vita with mostly being identical save few exemptions here and their such as the terrible Shadow of Mordor ports. My big problem is I take Critic and Rich of ReviewTech USA opinion too seriously is that correct?

Atarifever wrote:Wow. There are still console wars. Colour me surprised. I assumed those ended when one of the manufacturers only started making handhelds, one of the others essentially declared it was leaving the field to make a computer streaming service, and only one company was actively still trying to make consoles. I wonder if the Nintendo handheld will win the Nintendo handheld market next generation? I wonder if the Playstation console will win the Playstation console market next generation? Wow, I wonder if the Xbox streaming service will be better than Onlive and can compete with Steam. The borders are drawn and agreed on guys. Console war's done. Go home.

I am nostalgic for Console Wars and mind you, if I recall you did console war stuff hating on SNES/PS1, etc over the Genesis/Sega Saturn ,etc?

DrLitch wrote:I also thought console wars were a thing of the past, what we grew up with in SNES/Genesis days up to PS2/XB/DC/GC perhaps. In the good old day's - when we were kids or teens, before major internet discussions, before we had the coin to own more than one console. At least we handle ourselves well without throwing any toys out of the pram. Were this discussion on a certain Atari forum and some others I go to it would quickly escalate :lol:

I am sorry about this, but I think Console Wars are entertaining nostalgia, that is all.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » July 30th, 2018, 9:31 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:That is true, it the only main console outside of 3DS and PS Vita I like of the 8th gen because I though the 3 main consoles (Wii U, PS4, and Xbox One) not counting PS4 Pro and Xbox One X where huge disappointing letdown turds for me, and I am not the only one to think this way, look at people like Dave the Video Game Critic himself on the website, and Rich of ReviewTechUSA as the Switch is more unique and different and does not suffer from awful install/load times like the PS4 and Xbox One and have the Wii U infamous problems, etc! The read flag was the many corss-gen handheld versions of PC/PS4/Xbox One/and even Wii U to a smaller degree getting ported to the PS3/Xbox 360/3DS/PS Vita with mostly being identical save few exemptions here and their such as the terrible Shadow of Mordor ports. My big problem is I take Critic and Rich of ReviewTech USA opinion too seriously is that correct?

I was being sarcastic; the idea that a console should be off-limits because of your opinion of it (yours specifically) is ludicrous. Stop desperately trying to convince everyone with a PS4 that they should stop playing games they like on a console they like because it isn't different enough. And stop watching this ReviewTech USA guy, because he has clearly crossed your wires.

Is the PS4 perfect? Nope! But it's a hell of a lot better than the Switch if you're interested in keeping up with new games and don't want to be stuck inside Nintendo's little bubble. If someone wants that, no amount of posts from you can convince them that they're wrong to want it, and nothing you can do will stop the PS4 from being their best option. The Switch is a unique system, but it is a niche system, and that means by definition that most people don't fit that niche. Get over it and let them play their friggin' PS4 games.

Return to “Modern Gaming”