A biased articles on why people should get a PS4 and Pro over the Nintendo Switch!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DrLitch

Re: A biased articles on why people should get a PS4 and Pro over the Nintendo Switch!

Postby DrLitch » July 30th, 2018, 11:06 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:3rd point, yes I don like gaming on PC because of viruses/malware/bugs/glitches and compatibility issues, etc. But if I had a choice between PC and PS4/Xbox One along with Pro and X I would choice the PC because people on YouTube said so.

That is true, it the only main console outside of 3DS and PS Vita I like of the 8th gen because I though the 3 main consoles (Wii U, PS4, and Xbox One) not counting PS4 Pro and Xbox One X where huge disappointing letdown turds for me, and I am not the only one to think this way, look at people like Dave the Video Game Critic himself on the website, and Rich of ReviewTechUSA as the Switch is more unique and different and does not suffer from awful install/load times like the PS4 and Xbox One and have the Wii U infamous problems, etc! The read flag was the many corss-gen handheld versions of PC/PS4/Xbox One/and even Wii U to a smaller degree getting ported to the PS3/Xbox 360/3DS/PS Vita with mostly being identical save few exemptions here and their such as the terrible Shadow of Mordor ports. My big problem is I take Critic and Rich of ReviewTech USA opinion too seriously is that correct?

I am sorry about this, but I think Console Wars are entertaining nostalgia, that is all.

Gaming on a PC is highly unlikely to give you viruses if games are bought from Steam, GOG, Origin and so on. Impossible? No there is risk in everything, nothing is zero chance. I do not wish to sully this forum with innuendo's regarding activities that do lend to much greater odds of malware and viruses. If you avoid these activities, you should be fine.

Glitches? Yup they are there on the PC. Plenty of them on Xbox, PS4 and Switch as well....

Citing one or two well respected reviewers is not going to win an opinion battle given the subjective nature of the topic. Opinion battles are even less convincing when done in a passive aggressive manner.

I agree, a good old Genesis Vs Snes or PS1 Vs N64 discussion is fun and informative since these were the systems we grew up with and at the time we could only own one. Such discussions I have learnt a lot about the hardware, the games I did not play, programming nuances and so on.

PS4 vs Switch? Move along now, move along, we can revisit this in 5 years when both consoles are deader than dead and the libraries are fully fleshed out.... Riddle me this though - is there even one game you like on the PS4? If the answer is zero, please ditch this subject for reasons of acute Sony PlayStation derangement syndrome.

Sut

Re: A biased articles on why people should get a PS4 and Pro over the Nintendo Switch!

Postby Sut » July 31st, 2018, 4:58 am

Sonicx9 wrote:I would choice the PC because people on YouTube said so.

Sonicx9 wrote:My big problem is I take Critic and Rich of ReviewTech USA opinion too seriously is that correct?

??? :shock:

I really need to stop following this thread it’s about bias towards the Switch but conversely the op shows even stronger bias against anything but the Switch.

No system out at the moment is garbage, they all have something to offer and you can get more than enough great games for either. Indeed if I had the time I would own them all but for me personally the PS4 like the PS2 before it has the greatest variety and quality for single system owners. But I would be happy with the Xbone or Switch as well.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » August 1st, 2018, 10:50 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:Simply ignores both affordability and the stability of a console's standardized hardware as good reasons for choosing a PS4 over a gaming PC, because reasons. Also bashes PCs, because of exaggerated issues. Claims to be simply letting other people think for him.

Oh. Trolling. That makes sense then.

Enjoy.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » August 1st, 2018, 11:35 pm

Sonicx9 is no troll. He is probably the most sincere poster on this entire forum.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » August 2nd, 2018, 4:37 am

Stalvern wrote:I was being sarcastic; the idea that a console should be off-limits because of your opinion of it (yours specifically) is ludicrous. Stop desperately trying to convince everyone with a PS4 that they should stop playing games they like on a console they like because it isn't different enough. And stop watching this ReviewTech USA guy, because he has clearly crossed your wires.

Is the PS4 perfect? Nope! But it's a hell of a lot better than the Switch if you're interested in keeping up with new games and don't want to be stuck inside Nintendo's little bubble. If someone wants that, no amount of posts from you can convince them that they're wrong to want it, and nothing you can do will stop the PS4 from being their best option. The Switch is a unique system, but it is a niche system, and that means by definition that most people don't fit that niche. Get over it and let them play their friggin' PS4 games.

In my opinion I think the PS4 is the most overrated system of all time but that just me, and I am not alone on that as a few other think it overrated like the critic and Rich of ReviewTechUSA. And also I like ReviewTechUSA and yes I am inspired by him with controversial unpopular opinions. But if you say I should stop watching ReviewTechUSA, then you should also say stop reading Dave the Video Game Critics opinions on the Nintendo Switch over PS4 and Xbox One/his reviews because that I am also influenced by, double standards much?

Also you say it is niche, it a lot more popular if I can recall, in fact the system as of late June has sold almost 20 million: https://venturebeat.com/2018/07/31/nint ... s-to-date/ which is not too bad and at the rate it is selling it can overtake Xbox One so why do you call it niche, it makes no sense?

DrLitch wrote:
Gaming on a PC is highly unlikely to give you viruses if games are bought from Steam, GOG, Origin and so on. Impossible? No there is risk in everything, nothing is zero chance. I do not wish to sully this forum with innuendo's regarding activities that do lend to much greater odds of malware and viruses. If you avoid these activities, you should be fine.

Glitches? Yup they are there on the PC. Plenty of them on Xbox, PS4 and Switch as well....

Citing one or two well respected reviewers is not going to win an opinion battle given the subjective nature of the topic. Opinion battles are even less convincing when done in a passive aggressive manner.

I agree, a good old Genesis Vs Snes or PS1 Vs N64 discussion is fun and informative since these were the systems we grew up with and at the time we could only own one. Such discussions I have learnt a lot about the hardware, the games I did not play, programming nuances and so on.

PS4 vs Switch? Move along now, move along, we can revisit this in 5 years when both consoles are deader than dead and the libraries are fully fleshed out.... Riddle me this though - is there even one game you like on the PS4? If the answer is zero, please ditch this subject for reasons of acute Sony PlayStation derangement syndrome.

1st point, you do have a point but it can happen every now and then: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/73 ... 9/73913752

3rd point, I like debating but that just me.

Sut wrote:
??? :shock:

I really need to stop following this thread it’s about bias towards the Switch but conversely the op shows even stronger bias against anything but the Switch.

No system out at the moment is garbage, they all have something to offer and you can get more than enough great games for either. Indeed if I had the time I would own them all but for me personally the PS4 like the PS2 before it has the greatest variety and quality for single system owners. But I would be happy with the Xbone or Switch as well.

Back in the 6th gen, I was not a big PS2 fan outside of the Kingdom Hearts series, my systems of choice where the Sega Dreamcast and Nintendo GameCube aka the only two consoles from that gen made by old school dedicated game companies unlike PlayStation and Xbox made by Sony and Microsoft which are media companies respectively.

ThePixelatedGenocide wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:Simply ignores both affordability and the stability of a console's standardized hardware as good reasons for choosing a PS4 over a gaming PC, because reasons. Also bashes PCs, because of exaggerated issues. Claims to be simply letting other people think for him.

Oh. Trolling. That makes sense then.

Enjoy.

This part "Simply ignores both affordability and the stability of a console's standardized hardware as good reasons for choosing a PS4 over a gaming PC, because reasons." "Also bashes PCs, because of exaggerated issues. Claims to be simply letting other people think for him." I never wrote that part where did you find it? And second why is it trolling, if that the case you would lock this thread and or ban me from the site?

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » August 2nd, 2018, 2:23 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:In my opinion I think the PS4 is the most overrated system of all time but that just me, and I am not alone on that as a few other think it overrated like the critic and Rich of ReviewTechUSA. And also I like ReviewTechUSA and yes I am inspired by him with controversial unpopular opinions. But if you say I should stop watching ReviewTechUSA, then you should also say stop reading Dave the Video Game Critics opinions on the Nintendo Switch over PS4 and Xbox One/his reviews because that I am also influenced by, double standards much?

Also you say it is niche, it a lot more popular if I can recall, in fact the system as of late June has sold almost 20 million: https://venturebeat.com/2018/07/31/nint ... s-to-date/ which is not too bad and at the rate it is selling it can overtake Xbox One so why do you call it niche, it makes no sense?

I'm not even sure what you're on about here, but if you're saying what I think you're saying, then I say: no one is telling you never to listen to Rich from ReviewTechUSA or the Critic; the problem is you just grab quotes from one of the two of the them verbatim (especially the former) and then use them like a club to beat everyone else into submission. There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking ideas from other people - but you should try to draw from more than one or two people and also do some critical thinking of your own so that you're not just acting like a cipher all the time. Maybe you should also not talk about things you only know on a second-hand basis so much? I'm assuming you don't own a PS4 or game on PC from what you've said (although, as other people have pointed out, there is a very low bar for entry on the PC and it's quite safe provided you go through legal channels) yet you go on about them endlessly - I get tired of hearing about it and I can't be the only one.

According to available sales figures, the PS4 has sold over 80 million units worldwide - that does make the Switch a niche system in comparison. This is not an insult - I don't have either at the moment but plan on getting both eventually because I like Nintendo's exclusives.

Sonicx9 wrote:Back in the 6th gen, I was not a big PS2 fan outside of the Kingdom Hearts series, my systems of choice where the Sega Dreamcast and Nintendo GameCube aka the only two consoles from that gen made by old school dedicated game companies unlike PlayStation and Xbox made by Sony and Microsoft which are media companies respectively.

The idea of a dedicated game company is appealing, but I really only care about the quality of the games themselves. If (god forbid) Walmart started publishing their own games and somehow roped in Platinum Games for an sequel to Vanquish, I'd still buy it.

Sonicx9 wrote:This part "Simply ignores both affordability and the stability of a console's standardized hardware as good reasons for choosing a PS4 over a gaming PC, because reasons." "Also bashes PCs, because of exaggerated issues. Claims to be simply letting other people think for him." I never wrote that part where did you find it? And second why is it trolling, if that the case you would lock this thread and or ban me from the site?

He's not quoting you word-for-word - he's summarizing the ideas from your previous points in a pointed, critical fashion.

No one is going to ban you - you've generally been polite and that's all they really ask for on their forums. I wouldn't mind them locking this thread, though - I don't know where else it can go at this point.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » August 2nd, 2018, 4:23 pm

Stalvern wrote:Sonicx9 is no troll. He is probably the most sincere poster on this entire forum.

True I am not a troll, but I am a sincer poster kinda like how Rich can be sincere as well and even the critic to a smaller degree!

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » August 2nd, 2018, 9:54 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:In my opinion I think the PS4 is the most overrated system of all time but that just me, and I am not alone on that as a few other think it overrated like the critic and Rich of ReviewTechUSA. And also I like ReviewTechUSA and yes I am inspired by him with controversial unpopular opinions. But if you say I should stop watching ReviewTechUSA, then you should also say stop reading Dave the Video Game Critics opinions on the Nintendo Switch over PS4 and Xbox One/his reviews because that I am also influenced by, double standards much?

The Critic hasn't said anything even close to your endless vitriol about the PS4. In fact, his review of the console is positive (while not enthusiastic).

Sonicx9 wrote:Also you say it is niche, it a lot more popular if I can recall, in fact the system as of late June has sold almost 20 million: https://venturebeat.com/2018/07/31/nint ... s-to-date/ which is not too bad and at the rate it is selling it can overtake Xbox One so why do you call it niche, it makes no sense?

I don't think you know what the word "niche" means. The Switch is a very unusual console that targets a smaller market than the PS4's.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » August 2nd, 2018, 9:58 pm

velcrozombie wrote:
I'm not even sure what you're on about here, but if you're saying what I think you're saying, then I say: no one is telling you never to listen to Rich from ReviewTechUSA or the Critic; the problem is you just grab quotes from one of the two of the them verbatim (especially the former) and then use them like a club to beat everyone else into submission. There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking ideas from other people - but you should try to draw from more than one or two people and also do some critical thinking of your own so that you're not just acting like a cipher all the time. Maybe you should also not talk about things you only know on a second-hand basis so much?

The problem is I like these people and got influenced by them, and it looks like I am taking their opinions way too seriously, but I am confused where if I do not agree with them, then I am not a true fan of their work or am I just questioning it?

velcrozombie wrote:I'm assuming you don't own a PS4 or game on PC from what you've said (although, as other people have pointed out, there is a very low bar for entry on the PC and it's quite safe provided you go through legal channels) yet you go on about them endlessly - I get tired of hearing about it and I can't be the only one.

That is correct, I do not own a PS4 and had little experience with it outside of conventions, kiosk demos, and friends house so I do not have lots of experience with it. I will also explain the things I do not like from the PS4 and mind you this is coming from someone who loves the PS3 and prefers it over PS4 any day of the week!

The install/loading times/PS3 has it as well so I may be a hypocrite?

The Dualshock 4 controller, especially the touch pad which I do not like, Switch pro controller is better in my opinion any day of the week!

Paid online, PS3 Online is free, yes the Switch is getting paid online as well but it is $40 cheaper, even though I do not play online much outside of using PS Plus and Nintendo Online to get Free games and discounts for my preference.

Most of the games that interest me from PS4 are on many different system outside of 1st party games, so lacks exclusives, yes the Switch is not the most exclusive heavy yet, but in the next few years it will be impressive.

PlayStation anti consumer practices such as blocking cross online play outside of PC, (yes I may be a hypocrite considering I am not a online heavy gamer but this is not fair for many people and can not blame them.), rejecting Japanese/Asian titles for western release: http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/4001 ... rn-release, and being strict with mods via Bethesda case. (again yes, I may be a hypocrite considering I am not a PC gamer but this is not fair for many people and can not blame them as well.)

Not a fan of western dev AAA games such as Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed, etc. And can not stand these kind of games as that what 90% of the PS4 and Xbox One library is, in fact a friend of mine calls them harsh reality {explicit} games! The Nintendo Switch focus more on games that are my cup of tea! (again I may be a hypocrite considering the PS3 and especially the Xbox 360 had buckets of these kind of games, but at least PS3 had PS1 and 2 download versions and download only games that appealed to me more along with the few physical games I liked.)

Annoying non stop non-stop YouTube ads coming up from PlayStation, in fact the same friend that came up with that term got angry at them and stopped liking the PlayStation brand especially when they did big financial backing for the Call of Duty series in 2015 onward which he hates as well. (Keep in note that friend has never played much of PS4 so he may be biased as well.)

As for PC, I have had bad experiences in the past via physical PC games and viruses and malware, etc, and computers braking on me as I have had rather bad luck with them in the past and mind you these PC where not gaming PC in mind FYI. That why I prefer dedicated console/handheld gaming outside of PC and Mobile. The only Mobile gaming I do is Nintendo games for My Nintendo coins.

velcrozombie wrote:
According to available sales figures, the PS4 has sold over 80 million units worldwide - that does make the Switch a niche system in comparison. This is not an insult - I don't have either at the moment but plan on getting both eventually because I like Nintendo's exclusives.

Most of these sales are from the Americas and Pal region countries as the Nintendo Switch is kicking the PS4 butt in Japan in terms of sales figures and may overtake it by the end of 2018 at the rate it is selling for Japan only FYI. Ok, call me a Weaboo considering I am a huge fan of Japan, and love Anime and Cats which often go hand and hand with each other, but that just me and the Switch fits that mold.

velcrozombie wrote:
The idea of a dedicated game company is appealing, but I really only care about the quality of the games themselves. If (god forbid) Walmart started publishing their own games and somehow roped in Platinum Games for an sequel to Vanquish, I'd still buy it.

For me I go back and forth depending on what gives me the best experience and appealing games, during the 5th gen I was no fan of the N64 outside of Nintendo and Rare exclusive titles and did not like the N64 graphics and controller and was mostly PS1 and Sega Saturn as the prefer systems for me. During the 6th Gen I was a Sega Dreamcast/GameCube guy and not a big PS2 fan mostly because the PS2 graphics bug me/did not like playing 3rd party multi platform games on PS2 outside of titles that where not on either Dreamcast and GameCube. My favorite thing to come out of PS2 was Kingdom Hearts as that was the series that prevented me from outright disliking the PS2 just like how Nintendo and Rare where for the N64. And never like the Xbox brand especially after what they did to Rare. And during the 7th Gen the PS3 was my go to system as the Wii was mostly filed with awful shovelware games and not a fan of motion controls. And this also applied for the PS3 during early 8th gen 2012-2016 period as I mostly went for PS3/PS Vita/3DS versions of PC/PS4/Xbox One and Wii U games as I did not like any of those systems for reasons I will explain later if you want to know. And now the Switch is the go to system for me as it is well rounded the way I like it.

velcrozombie wrote:
He's not quoting you word-for-word - he's summarizing the ideas from your previous points in a pointed, critical fashion.

No one is going to ban you - you've generally been polite and that's all they really ask for on their forums. I wouldn't mind them locking this thread, though - I don't know where else it can go at this point.

Ok, so I took it the wrong way sorry!

Rev

Postby Rev » August 2nd, 2018, 10:08 pm

So normally we try to avoid locking threads as there can always be future insight or thoughts about a topic; however, I think this topic has kind of run its course. I'm going to go ahead and lock it.

Return to “Modern Gaming”