Another reason why digital only future is not good for gamers!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9

Another reason why digital only future is not good for gamers!

Postby Sonicx9 » August 14th, 2018, 10:11 pm

EA ORIGIN USER HAS ALL HIS GAMES DELETED: https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/08/e ... ure/66237/ and it from everyone favorite company to hate on EA which is not surprising considering EA is the awful devil! Critic will not like it at all. What are critics/others thoughts on this?

I am also adding this link in case people have trouble with the main article.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls64hxpqt_E
Last edited by Sonicx9 on August 17th, 2018, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaHeckIzDat

Re: Another reason why digital only future is not good for gamers!

Postby DaHeckIzDat » August 14th, 2018, 10:36 pm

Out of curiosity, why are all your posts trying to push the Critic to agree with you about something? "The Critic will hate this! The Critic will agree will agree with me on that! Critic, what is your opinion on this article that you so clearly agree with me on?!" Are you afraid to just have an opinion of your own, and someone else has to share it with you to validate it? Otherwise, I don't see the point of all the angry rant threads you make. Seriously, you're single handedly going to deplete the world's exclamation point supply if you keep this up.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » August 14th, 2018, 11:07 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:Out of curiosity, why are all your posts trying to push the Critic to agree with you about something? "The Critic will hate this! The Critic will agree will agree with me on that! Critic, what is your opinion on this article that you so clearly agree with me on?!" Are you afraid to just have an opinion of your own, and someone else has to share it with you to validate it? Otherwise, I don't see the point of all the angry rant threads you make. Seriously, you're single handedly going to deplete the world's exclamation point supply if you keep this up.

I know he would hate this, what I meant is it does show that a digital only future is not safe and this article nails it big time.

Anyways how should I improve this in the future of posting stuff to share with critic and others any useful tips and help?

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » August 15th, 2018, 12:51 am

Firstly, you've posted so many threads exactly like this that it's just white noise anymore. I'd suggest making a single "Things SonicX9 hates" thread and just adding to it whenever you want to complain about something. Secondly, actually try to say something in your thread beyond "This is a bad thing the Critic hates go read this article!" Also, cut down on the exclamation points. Way down. I know this is a forum for video games and not professional journalistic website, but you sound like an amateur tabloid reporter whose only way of getting a point across is by putting at least one "!" at the end of every sentence so that everyone knows that this is a very, very bad thing. If what you're talking about is really as horrible as you think, then people will realize that just by reading it.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » August 15th, 2018, 11:54 am

DaHeckIzDat wrote:Firstly, you've posted so many threads exactly like this that it's just white noise anymore. I'd suggest making a single "Things SonicX9 hates" thread and just adding to it whenever you want to complain about something. Secondly, actually try to say something in your thread beyond "This is a bad thing the Critic hates go read this article!" Also, cut down on the exclamation points. Way down. I know this is a forum for video games and not professional journalistic website, but you sound like an amateur tabloid reporter whose only way of getting a point across is by putting at least one "!" at the end of every sentence so that everyone knows that this is a very, very bad thing. If what you're talking about is really as horrible as you think, then people will realize that just by reading it.

Next time I will create a general rant thread in the general video games section for the site for video games and use less ! and put more detail in post, ok.

TheBlondeGamePunk3

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » August 16th, 2018, 8:53 am

You can help and hurt us gamers, and while EA is truly one of the worst developers ever much like Activision and Konami, Trying to get everyone to agree to what you say and forcing them to follow you is going to rub people the wrong way and it can blow up in your face SonicX, There is as mentioned nothing wrong being informative but don't be like the "extreme" people of youtube like HipHopGamer or TheReviewSpace because nobody likes an person who tries to mold people into what they want you to be.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » August 16th, 2018, 11:29 am

TheBlondeGamePunk3 wrote:You can help and hurt us gamers, and while EA is truly one of the worst developers ever much like Activision and Konami, Trying to get everyone to agree to what you say and forcing them to follow you is going to rub people the wrong way and it can blow up in your face SonicX, There is as mentioned nothing wrong being informative but don't be like the "extreme" people of youtube like HipHopGamer or TheReviewSpace because nobody likes an person who tries to mold people into what they want you to be.

I am sorry, my biggest problem is I am trying way to hard to be like a YouTuber on the forums is that correct?

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » August 16th, 2018, 6:40 pm

I actually found this article pretty interesting, and find a lot of the topics that Sonicx9 posts to be very informative. As a teenager, I would read gaming news sites every day....nowadays, the only way I get gaming news is what everyone here posts on the forums!

But Sonicx9, to me the issue is more that you don't post any real explanation with your links. So no one ever realizes that what you're posting might be interesting. Most people are hesitant to click links on forums, and for good reason (like viruses). Or they just don't have time to read a full article. Rather than just posting the link and a one sentence click-bait description, we should all try to post a paragraph or so describing the article and why we're posting it. That way people who don't want to click the link can still take part in the discussion. (And like DaHeck noted, we shouldn't be speaking for other members either, like saying "the Critic will not like this news at all", "the Critic loves the Switch and dislikes the PS4", etc etc...).

Regarding the article, I'm big on preservation of games and gaming history, and this is just another example of a potential future where games disappear forever into the digital void. 50 years from now, I'm confident my SNES games will all still work.. but I highly doubt that my downloaded games will still be playable (whether it's from hard drives dying, the closing of servers, or some other random reason). It's a very legitimate concern and something I wish modern gamers would take more interest in combating. In this particular case, it's good to see that the Reddit community once again was able to band together to get EA to take action (like it did with the Battlefront microtransactions)..it's too bad that EA once again couldn't do the right thing until public pressure mounted.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » August 16th, 2018, 9:01 pm

Retro STrife wrote:I actually found this article pretty interesting, and find a lot of the topics that Sonicx9 posts to be very informative. As a teenager, I would read gaming news sites every day....nowadays, the only way I get gaming news is what everyone here posts on the forums!

But Sonicx9, to me the issue is more that you don't post any real explanation with your links. So no one ever realizes that what you're posting might be interesting. Most people are hesitant to click links on forums, and for good reason (like viruses). Or they just don't have time to read a full article. Rather than just posting the link and a one sentence click-bait description, we should all try to post a paragraph or so describing the article and why we're posting it. That way people who don't want to click the link can still take part in the discussion. (And like DaHeck noted, we shouldn't be speaking for other members either, like saying "the Critic will not like this news at all", "the Critic loves the Switch and dislikes the PS4", etc etc...).

Regarding the article, I'm big on preservation of games and gaming history, and this is just another example of a potential future where games disappear forever into the digital void. 50 years from now, I'm confident my SNES games will all still work.. but I highly doubt that my downloaded games will still be playable (whether it's from hard drives dying, the closing of servers, or some other random reason). It's a very legitimate concern and something I wish modern gamers would take more interest in combating. In this particular case, it's good to see that the Reddit community once again was able to band together to get EA to take action (like it did with the Battlefront microtransactions)..it's too bad that EA once again couldn't do the right thing until public pressure mounted.

Thanks for taking to me constructively, I can use it to help me improve in the future. But I am glad that people are calling out EA for this because it is awful indeed.

GTS

Postby GTS » August 17th, 2018, 11:23 am

The link isn't working.

Return to “Modern Gaming”