Street Fighter 30th Anniversary

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 19th, 2018, 9:31 pm

I'm thinking about picking this up, but can't decide if I should get the Switch or PS4 version. The Switch version has the benefit of coming on a cartridge, which is nice, but I don't have a decent joystick for my Switch.

I don't really have a joystick for my PS4 either, except my X-Arcade solo will work with it (with some difficulty sorting through the wires and adapters). Any advice?

Voor

Re: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary

Postby Voor » August 20th, 2018, 7:15 am

I’d like you to get it for Switch, but only because I’m curious how playable it is with a single joycon.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » August 20th, 2018, 10:49 am

I'm no Street Fighter fan, so my advice is more generic, but for fighting games I'd always choose the Playstation version over the Switch version. #1, the controller is probably the most important thing, and the PS4 controller would be way better, especially the d-pad and sticks. You have the X-Arcade, and plus at least you know the PS4 controller is decent enough on its own when you don't feel like going through the hassle of setting that up. #2, the online platform should be better on PS4. I know you don't like to game online, but if you want some quality competition, why not try it out?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 3rd, 2018, 3:40 pm

So I got this for the PS4 and hooked up my X-Arcade to my PS4 with much difficulty. I have so many wires for that thing, and you have to chain them together in crazy ways.

Anyway it would work fine for a while, but then the joystick would stop responding. That sucks, but I can't see myself investing in another big ole joystick controller. Too expensive and take up too much room. The normal PS4 controller will just have to do.

Return to “Modern Gaming”