Fire Pro Wrestling World

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Tron

Fire Pro Wrestling World

Postby Tron » August 30th, 2018, 11:39 pm

Any Fire Pro Wrestling fans out there? FPW world is out for PS4. Not sure about Xbox. I’m soooo gonna get it. I loved the GBA version. I maxed out created wrestlers and I think it was something like well over 100 you could make. I wanted to love the PS2 version, but the menus were so complicated I gave up on it. I sure hope the menus are user friendly for PS4.

AtariToday

Re: Fire Pro Wrestling World

Postby AtariToday » October 14th, 2018, 4:10 pm

I'm a fan! I purchased the early access of Fire Pro World on Steam and while I enjoy it, I'd have to say your concerns on the menus not being friendly are a bit true here. It's clunky. In addition the online multiplayer for PC was a mess at the beginning where there was a delay in the response time so that the timing was off just a bit..and for a game that's all about exact timing that is huge. Folks strayed away from online matches real quick (myself included) and i haven't gone back to it to see if they fixed it or not. The updates on Steam came to a halt as they worked on the PS4 edition and some folks got irked about it, since they gave the company money up front for an unfinished product and then got "ignored". Also the Steam edition didn't come with the New Japan characters or story mode and they are charging an additional twenty bucks for it. Some of the Steam community is furious about that in itself...and I'm undecided if I should be or not. Honestly I just want this company to keep the series going. It doesn't have to be perfect. It just has to be fun.

The GBA edition was great and Fire Pro Wrestling D on the Dreamcast still stands as my absolute favorite. I'd say if you are already a fan of the series or if you love professional wrestling than give Fire Pro World a shot..otherwise you may want to skip it.

Tron

Re: Fire Pro Wrestling World

Postby Tron » October 24th, 2018, 7:25 pm

I can’t find this game anywhere. GameStop, Best Buy, Target, Wal Mart, meijer. No one has this game and it’s a new release.

I read that there’s only like 20 computer created wrestlers on the roster. I’m pretty bummed about that. I don’t care about real wrestlers I just want a huge roster of fake guys. The GBA version had around 100. I know you can upload other people’s wrestlers online and that’s nice and all, but I don’t have internet hooked up right now plus I wonder about balance of the wrestlers.

Bummer about the steam users. Personally I only care about the PS4 version, but it still sounds like bad business practice.

Return to “Modern Gaming”