A Hat In Time Coming To Switch

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
LoganRuckman

A Hat In Time Coming To Switch

Postby LoganRuckman » September 12th, 2018, 12:16 am

https://youtu.be/OzQ-6P_R2ZE

Really late in posting this, but I am really happy us Switch owners finally get to play this gem of a game. I've been wanting to play this baby for ages. Reviews were great, and I've heard nothing but good things about it. And almost everyone who's played both games will tell you A Hat In Time is far superior to Yooka-Laylee. As a platformer lover, this is exciting news, and playing it on the go will be great.

Oh, and not indicative at all in terms of quality, but Gears For Breakfast actually kept JonTron in their game, unlike the cucks at Playtonic.

Sonicx9

Re: A Hat In Time Coming To Switch

Postby Sonicx9 » September 12th, 2018, 11:59 am

LoganRuckman wrote:https://youtu.be/OzQ-6P_R2ZE

Really late in posting this, but I am really happy us Switch owners finally get to play this gem of a game. I've been wanting to play this baby for ages. Reviews were great, and I've heard nothing but good things about it. And almost everyone who's played both games will tell you A Hat In Time is far superior to Yooka-Laylee. As a platformer lover, this is exciting news, and playing it on the go will be great.

Oh, and not indicative at all in terms of quality, but Gears For Breakfast actually kept JonTron in their game, unlike the cucks at Playtonic.

So true, in fact this game had more of a indie to AA range budget compared Yooka-Laylee which had a AAA by Kickstarter/crowdfunding standards and the later was a huge disappointment especially after the JonTron controversies which hurt the sales of Yooka-Laylee which got outsold by Persona 5 despite the later getting little to no hype by comparison.

Also one thing worth mentioning is one reason I prefer the Switch over PS4 is the massive library of platformers both exclusives and multi-console games making this the go to similar to the GameCube from the 6th gen, they go hand and hand.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » September 13th, 2018, 4:41 pm

LoganRuckman wrote:Oh, and not indicative at all in terms of quality, but Gears For Breakfast actually kept JonTron in their game, unlike the cucks at Playtonic.

Come on, man.

Sonicx9 wrote:Yooka-Laylee which got outsold by Persona 5 despite the later getting little to no hype by comparison.

Persona 5 got plenty of hype. What are you talking about?
Last edited by Stalvern on September 13th, 2018, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » September 13th, 2018, 5:11 pm

LoganRuckman wrote:Oh, and not indicative at all in terms of quality, but Gears For Breakfast actually kept JonTron in their game, unlike the cucks at Playtonic.

Are you being serious right now?

Sonicx9 wrote:Yooka-Laylee which got outsold by Persona 5 despite the later getting little to no hype by comparison.

You really think the JonTron thing is what caused Yooka-Laylee to sell less than Persona 5?

I don't see your logic. P5 was the second best-selling title on Amazon Japan in the week of release. Worldwide it sold 2 million.

I'm not saying Yooka-Laylee wasn't hyped, but it was certainly a minor blip on the radar compared to an established, 22-year-old franchise like Persona. YL catered to a specific demographic of people nostalgic for retro 3D platformers. As the game itself proved, they are not as good as you remember them.

David

Postby David » September 14th, 2018, 7:08 pm

I just recently read some good things about this game, so I’ll probably end up getting it at some point, more than likely once it goes on sale. In my mind it ended up getting lumped in with Yooka Laylee and Super Lucky’s Tale as non-Nintendo platformers that were mediocre, but I guess I was wrong.

Also, isn’t Jontron a white nationalist? That’s not the hill I’d die on...

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » October 4th, 2018, 7:51 pm

Rather late response back, but here goes nothing.

Stalvern wrote:Persona 5 got plenty of hype. What are you talking about?

I was not saying that it did not get hype, it just the way Yooka Laylee Kickstater hyped the game was like a saving grace killer app AAA Indie Retro revival game, and was getting coverage as the saving grace of Kickstarter for those type of games around the time Mighty No. 9 was crashing and burning, and it could not come at a better time period as well.

ptdebate wrote:I don't see your logic. P5 was the second best-selling title on Amazon Japan in the week of release. Worldwide it sold 2 million.

I'm not saying Yooka-Laylee wasn't hyped, but it was certainly a minor blip on the radar compared to an established, 22-year-old franchise like Persona. YL catered to a specific demographic of people nostalgic for retro 3D platformers. As the game itself proved, they are not as good as you remember them.

If you read my previous point above, I did explain it better about the situation. But keep in note I was referring to the western market for Persona 5, not the Japanese market as that kind of game sell well most of the time regardless for the most part with lots of hype as well. In the west it hype was their but not in the same league as the Japanese version.

ptdebate wrote:You really think the JonTron thing is what caused Yooka-Laylee to sell less than Persona 5?

and

David wrote:Also, isn’t Jontron a white nationalist? That’s not the hill I’d die on...

Even with Jontron being removed as well a controversial problem, was the least of it issues because the thing that really made things for Yooka Laylee fall apart. It was when both Playtonic and Team 17 where blocking and censoring people wanting a refund on Yooka Laylee and did immoral stuff.: https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2017/03/y ... ame/26804/ it was similar to the Mighty No. 9 community manager situation: http://thisisvideogames.com/gamergatewi ... Abou_Karam which was not a good sign hurting sales for the game that was only a few weeks away from release/coming off of Mighty No. 9 itself.

Return to “Modern Gaming”