Closing Games before switching?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Closing Games before switching?

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 13th, 2018, 11:08 pm

I had gotten into the habit of "closing" game software before swapping games in my Switch, if only because the system complains when I don't. It's kind of a pain in the ass, because navigating the Switch's user interface isn't the most user friendly experience.

My PS4 and Xbox One also want me to "close" games. For me, part of the charm of consoles is the ability to free swap games in and out.

My friend Brent however says if the system is off there's no hard in just swapping the carts out. What do you think?

DrLitch

Re: Closing Games before switching?

Postby DrLitch » December 14th, 2018, 7:04 pm

With the Switch, it never technically goes off unless you hold down the power button. The usual close down is actually a form of sleep mode.

I personally do not think it matters, although with so much money invested in the three consoles I usually follow procedure.

GameOfThrones

Re: Closing Games before switching?

Postby GameOfThrones » December 18th, 2018, 10:39 am

Well on Xbox I use it to kill a game if it has crashed. I just swap to another game and go back. It is not like it was when you had a coleco, if you did not turn it off you wrecked the system.

I saw a Switch for the very first time as a friend had Payday on it. Impressive. Though I do not play my psp so I really do not need another portable.

Return to “Modern Gaming”