Super Smash Bros. Ultimate vs Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
User avatar
Stalvern
Posts: 969
Joined: June 18th, 2016, 7:15 pm

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate vs Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Postby Stalvern » January 26th, 2019, 1:22 am

Sonicx9 wrote:You have a good point, but at the same time the PC Master Race loves to treat what they say as facts.

Everybody says what they believe; that's why they say it. The people on that Subreddit aren't wrong for having their own (often reasonable) convictions, even if you don't share them. That's what DrLitch means by "Live and let live." If you don't agree with them, nobody is forcing you to care about what they say.

Sonicx9
Posts: 1619
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate vs Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Postby Sonicx9 » January 26th, 2019, 11:47 am

Stalvern wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:You have a good point, but at the same time the PC Master Race loves to treat what they say as facts.

Everybody says what they believe; that's why they say it. The people on that Subreddit aren't wrong for having their own (often reasonable) convictions, even if you don't share them. That's what DrLitch means by "Live and let live." If you don't agree with them, nobody is forcing you to care about what they say.


The problem is they want people to hate on consoles even if people like me are not into PC Gaming. Are they biased?

Voor
Posts: 778
Joined: April 14th, 2015, 8:08 pm

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate vs Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Postby Voor » January 26th, 2019, 1:07 pm

Sure they our biased. We all are. We all form opinions based on our experiences, but that doesn’t make them facts.

I personally feel that Nintendo is the best video game franchise of all time, and could give you a bunch of reasons why....but it still doesn’t make it a fact.

You are shorting yourself by just listening to what others say. Try things for yourself and form your own opinion.

User avatar
DrLitch
Posts: 224
Joined: July 19th, 2017, 12:57 pm

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate vs Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Postby DrLitch » January 26th, 2019, 3:27 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:The problem is they want people to hate on consoles even if people like me are not into PC Gaming. Are they biased?


Indeed there is bias. Let those that hate consoles hate them. Many of course do not harbor an irrational hate for consoles, they merely prefer gaming on PC's. Stating a preference does not necessarily correlate itself with hate. There are two million subscribers on that subreddit. The main page article you reference was written by one person. Hopefully that should give you some perspective on it.

Please relieve yourself from the mindset that sheep must necessarily follow the herd.

Sonicx9
Posts: 1619
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate vs Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Postby Sonicx9 » January 26th, 2019, 6:22 pm

Voor wrote:Sure they our biased. We all are. We all form opinions based on our experiences, but that doesn’t make them facts.

I personally feel that Nintendo is the best video game franchise of all time, and could give you a bunch of reasons why....but it still doesn’t make it a fact.

You are shorting yourself by just listening to what others say. Try things for yourself and form your own opinion.


The thing is I do not have the best experience with PC Gaming due to virus, malware, other issues, etc. Which is why I stick with dedicated consoles/handhelds. And the odd thing is the PC Master Race says they are unbiased when they are not.

So I should like what I like and that it?

Sonicx9
Posts: 1619
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate vs Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Postby Sonicx9 » January 26th, 2019, 9:08 pm

DrLitch wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:The problem is they want people to hate on consoles even if people like me are not into PC Gaming. Are they biased?


Indeed there is bias. Let those that hate consoles hate them. Many of course do not harbor an irrational hate for consoles, they merely prefer gaming on PC's. Stating a preference does not necessarily correlate itself with hate. There are two million subscribers on that subreddit. The main page article you reference was written by one person. Hopefully that should give you some perspective on it.

Please relieve yourself from the mindset that sheep must necessarily follow the herd.


It seams to me that many people are that mindset that sheep must necessarily follow the herd. As many do not want to think for them self these days.

User avatar
DrLitch
Posts: 224
Joined: July 19th, 2017, 12:57 pm

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate vs Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Postby DrLitch » January 26th, 2019, 9:46 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:And the odd thing is the PC Master Race says they are unbiased when they are not.


I got bitten by a dog, deep gashes on my hand, still scars on my hand. Had to get rabies shots. Guy told me his dog did not bite.

User avatar
DrLitch
Posts: 224
Joined: July 19th, 2017, 12:57 pm

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate vs Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Postby DrLitch » January 26th, 2019, 11:05 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:It seams to me that many people are that mindset that sheep must necessarily follow the herd. As many do not want to think for them self these days.


Indeed.

Regarding PC gaming though, I forgot to tell you one thing -

When sales show up you can really get good games for cheap. Like a couple of bucks for a game like Axiom Verge. There is so much good indie stuff out there. I think the Switch gets most of them but Nintendo are not as generous with sales. When I bought Sonic Mania on the Switch I had to facepalm when I saw it on Steam for $9. Your laptop or mac could play most of these games. Just a thought. True, the caveat is not having a physical copy, but on my PS4 I do not even know what a physical copy means anyway, what with all the 10GB/3GB or whatever large file updates it seems having the disc copy is moot....

Sonicx9
Posts: 1619
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate vs Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Postby Sonicx9 » January 26th, 2019, 11:44 pm

DrLitch wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:And the odd thing is the PC Master Race says they are unbiased when they are not.


I got bitten by a dog, deep gashes on my hand, still scars on my hand. Had to get rabies shots. Guy told me his dog did not bite.


What does that mean?

User avatar
DrLitch
Posts: 224
Joined: July 19th, 2017, 12:57 pm

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate vs Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Postby DrLitch » January 27th, 2019, 2:08 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:
DrLitch wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:And the odd thing is the PC Master Race says they are unbiased when they are not.


I got bitten by a dog, deep gashes on my hand, still scars on my hand. Had to get rabies shots. Guy told me his dog did not bite.


What does that mean?


That someone claiming something does not make it true.


Return to “Modern Gaming”