Google Stadia aka the most anti Video Game Critic console ever!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
pacman000

Re: Google Stadia aka the most anti Video Game Critic console ever!

Postby pacman000 » March 21st, 2019, 1:08 pm

Outside of homebrews, are there any 8 or 16 bit indie titles? There are a lot of indie titles which copy the style of NES/SNES/Genesis games, but they require modern 32 or 64 bit hardware to run. I suppose DOS shareware would count. Were any of those ported to the Ouya?

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » March 21st, 2019, 5:09 pm

djc wrote:This feels like an Ouya in the making. Now don't get me wrong, I like the Ouya and actually still play mine from time to time but the "AAA" titles never materialized and all the system got was ports of mostly 8 and 16-bit independent titles.

I am assuming this is going to work through some form of casting where the game actually runs remotely but streams to your local screen (phone, laptop, etc...). Not so sure how I feel about that because once the system is retired and the servers go offline, it's pretty much a paperweight.

At least if and when the Ouya servers go offline, I can still sideload games to run poorly on the device itself.

Sad, but true this thing is going to flop!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 21st, 2019, 7:02 pm

There is one annoying aspect this new system does address. Getting a game up and running can take forever on a new system. Even after the install process, switching between games is time consuming. Whether that's a big selling point for people remains to be seen.

Sonic - please stop with all the little replies saying "that's true" or "I agree". I know you mean well but you're cluttering up the boards with those and they don't add anything to the conversation.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » March 21st, 2019, 7:05 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:There is one annoying aspect this new system does address. Getting a game up and running can take forever on a new system. Even after the install process, switching between games is time consuming. Whether that's a big selling point for people remains to be seen.

Sonic - please stop with all the little replies saying "that's true" or "I agree". I know you mean well but you're cluttering up the boards with those and they don't add anything to the conversation.

Sorry critic, next time I will write more details or not at all.

Return to “Modern Gaming”