POLL: What current gen systems do you own? AND, does anyone own and play their Xbox One?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.

What current gen systems do you own?

None
10%
Just PS4
33%
Just Switch
14%
Just Xbox One
5%
PS4 and Switch
10%
PS4 and Xbox One
10%
Switch and Xbox One
5%
PS4, Switch, and Xbox One
14%

Total votes: 21

Retro STrife

POLL: What current gen systems do you own? AND, does anyone own and play their Xbox One?

Postby Retro STrife » April 5th, 2019, 3:17 pm

I was just thinking to myself.. it's seems like the Xbox One never really comes up in the forum discussion here. Everyone seems to be playing either the PS4 or the Switch, or chooses not to own any current systems. So I posted a poll - give your vote to see what we all own!

But, am I wrong? Any Xbox One owners here? If so, do you play it or is it mostly on the backburner to your other systems?

Personally, I just have a PS4. So far, the Xbox One doesn't have any must-play exclusives compelling me to invest in one. As for the Switch, I'm waiting on more good exclusives to come out first. I got a Wii U in December, so that satisfies my need to play Nintendo games at the moment. Besides Mario Odyssey, I don't feel like there's anything exclusive on the Switch that has me rushing to drop the Wii U.

DrLitch

Re: POLL: What current gen systems do you own? AND, does anyone own and play their Xbox One?

Postby DrLitch » April 5th, 2019, 5:35 pm

Own all three.

I do game on the Xbox. Most recent purchase was Red Dead Redemption 2. My preferred gaming device is my PC, partially because I am on it most the day. Console wise, I like the Switch best, followed by PS4. Xbox One X is a great bit of kit, shame the exclusives also come out on the PC. I might not buy an Xbox 2 next gen although likely will buy the PS5 and next Nintendo console.

Crummylion

Re: POLL: What current gen systems do you own? AND, does anyone own and play their Xbox One?

Postby Crummylion » April 5th, 2019, 10:35 pm

Had a ps4 but ultimately sold it after picking up a gaming pc and switch. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Only real reason I'd want an Xbox One is for the limited backwards compatibility or 4k blu ray player. Both the PS4 and Xbox One are so less focused on exclusives that there's hardly any incentive to pick either one up. I got VR, I got free online play, I still have to wait for a game to download, and I can get 90% of what I could get on PS4 or Xbox. I wouldn't even be surprised if Spider Man or God of War comes to PC (likely Epic Games Store,... but still on PC.) The Switch is good though for physical copies of games worth a darn, mostly no downloading to play new games, exclusives, and a brilliant handheld gimmick for on the go play.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » April 6th, 2019, 10:58 am

I guess the other question is does anyone own the suped up versions of the consoles? I own an Xbox One S as my original died (or at least I thought it did at the time). I only got it as a future 4K Blu-Ray player. It's our primary DVD player in our house. I own the Switch and PS4 as well.

Does anyone own the PS4 Pro or Xbox One X? Once we finish our basement we'll upgrade to a 4k tv at some point. Until then there's not much point for us to do so. Frankly, I game so little at the moment. My Switch gets used the most to play games, followed by the PS4, and then Xbox One. For the weekly LAN party we still run Xbox 360s and play Reach. When I can make it that's the majority of my gaming time.

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » April 6th, 2019, 11:30 am

ActRaiser wrote:I guess the other question is does anyone own the suped up versions of the consoles?

I own the PS4 Pro. I waited until about a month ago to finally make the leap to the next gen (I did buy a WiiU back in February 2015, but that's more of a Dreamcast situation of being stuck between hardware generations) and I just wanted to get the better version of the console right out of the gate - while I don't own a 4k TV yet, l plan to pick one up this year during the holiday sales and give my current TV to my Grandma. Unfortunately, this means I'm not in a position to compare the upgraded version to the original. Supposedly even at 1080p many games run smoother and there are some benefits to the visuals as well.

Alucard1191

Postby Alucard1191 » April 6th, 2019, 1:49 pm

I own a Switch and an X-Box One.

The Switch my wife bought me for a birthday present last month, and I LOVE it. I have smash bros. and BOTW, and BOTW is frankly the best game I've played in a while. It is really good.

I absolutely love the Switch.

The X-Box One came into our thrift store, it works fine, I have I think Fallout 4 and 1 other game that came in with it... and to be honest, I haven't even set it up. I have my X-Box 360 still in my 'X-Box Slot' on my TV, and just haven't felt a big need to even try it. I might just take it back into the store and sell it, my family could use the money.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » April 6th, 2019, 4:33 pm

Retro STrife wrote:But, am I wrong? Any Xbox One owners here? If so, do you play it or is it mostly on the backburner to your other systems?

Great questions!

I own a PS4 Slim, a Wii U, and an Xbox One X. For modern multi-platform titles, I ALWAYS default to the Xbox One X.

The reason for this is simple - I have a 4K HDR TV, and the visuals produced by the Xbox One X are without parallel in the console space. Not every game supports the upgraded hardware, but even those that don't tend to experience better performance in terms of keeping a constant (or even higher) frame rate than on a Vanilla Xbone.

The PS4 is for PS-exclusives like The Last of Us. I still break out my PS3 from time to time too.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » April 6th, 2019, 4:53 pm

ActRaiser wrote:Does anyone own the PS4 Pro or Xbox One X?

Sorry to double post, but I just want to mention that the Xbox One X is LIT if you have a 4KTV of approximately 60 inches or bigger. The visual quality in most games is incredible. The system also seems to be more responsive overall, when browsing menus etc.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » April 6th, 2019, 8:16 pm

ActRaiser wrote:I guess the other question is does anyone own the suped up versions of the consoles?

I did not get an Xbox until the Xbox One X. I pretty much bought the X for backwards compatibility and to play Red Dead Redemption. The PS4 I ended up getting the Pro since the original PS4 I bought the disc drive stopped working. I actually use these suped up consoles on a PC Monitor.

Return to “Modern Gaming”