A big slap in the face for Nintendo Switch fans!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9

A big slap in the face for Nintendo Switch fans!

Postby Sonicx9 » April 25th, 2019, 12:12 pm

Persona 5 Royal is a PS4 exclusive enhanced version of Persona 5, yet Switch along with PS4 get a Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers spin-off game in exchange. Not only is this ridiculous, but I am also tired of 3rd parties saying no to Switch for games we actually deserve. My guess is they want Persona 5 Royal to be a PS4 game first before doing Switch and/or other systems, but still.

I am guessing that both Sony and Microsoft love to buy and pay 3rd parties to insult the Nintendo Switch all due to Nintendo bad past with 3rd parties even with the system getting more popular every day.

It like 3rd party companies view Nintendo Switch as a disease when it not.

Anyone else annoyed by this?

ActRaiser

Re: A big slap in the face for Nintendo Switch fans!

Postby ActRaiser » April 25th, 2019, 4:04 pm

Nope

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » April 25th, 2019, 4:09 pm

ActRaiser wrote:Nope

Why Nope?

Voor

Postby Voor » April 25th, 2019, 6:16 pm

Not every game comes out on every system. Its been that way forever and I’m ok with that. You can’t get upset every time it happens.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » April 25th, 2019, 7:20 pm

Voor wrote:Not every game comes out on every system. Its been that way forever and I’m ok with that. You can’t get upset every time it happens.

I know, but my problem is the way Atlus/Sega teased us the mysterious Persona 5 S Project and many thought it was going to be something special like a port of Persona 5 either the vanelia or the update Royal with a different name. But instead we are getting a spin-off felling like a late April Fools prank.

Crummylion

Postby Crummylion » April 25th, 2019, 7:29 pm

As much as I would appreciate Catherine or Persona 5 on the Switch, I pretty much got both of them on ps3.
(I still hope they release Full Body on Steam or something.)

Voor

Postby Voor » April 25th, 2019, 7:34 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:
Voor wrote:Not every game comes out on every system. Its been that way forever and I’m ok with that. You can’t get upset every time it happens.

I know, but my problem is the way Atlus/Sega teased us the mysterious Persona 5 S Project and many thought it was going to be something special like a port of Persona 5 either the vanelia or the update Royal with a different name. But instead we are getting a spin-off felling like a late April Fools prank.

Yeah, but if you look in this sub forum, there are many, many threads by you related to some injustice in the gaming industry.

This isn’t really a problem because like I said, gamers are used to it. If this bothers you, you’re going to constantly be frustrated with releases.

Nowadays, people buy multiple systems, but I actually liked it better in the old days when everyone could only afford one system. You picked the system that had the games you wanted the most and that was it.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » April 25th, 2019, 7:47 pm

Crummylion wrote:As much as I would appreciate Catherine or Persona 5 on the Switch, I pretty much got both of them on ps3.
(I still hope they release Full Body on Steam or something.)

Not just Steam for Full Body , but also Persona 5 Royal for Steam and Switch, both of which are being heavily port beg.

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » April 25th, 2019, 8:30 pm

If you want to be upset with anybody, be upset with the gaming media who pushed this unsubstantiated rumor that Persona 5 was coming to Switch. Atlus themselves never once promised, nor did they hint, nor do they owe the fan base of any one platform. I would love to play Persona 5 on the go, but I had the good sense to question the validity of the rumor. First off, the main Persona series has always been a Sony exclusive. From Persona 1 to 5. Always PlayStation, and never anybody else.

I do agree with the others, though, that you seem mostly invested in everything that is wrong with the industry in an industry that, historically, has had so many things wrong with it. Whether you’re talking about a hardware company not allowing developers to take credit for their games and comparing their work to the line worker who snaps the cartridges together (Ray Kassar, Atari(, to Nintendo’s stranglehold over the entire third party community during the NES era, to EA taking the entire NFL license for themselves, there is an entire history of this crap.....but you know what? Oftentimes, those bad things result in the next great thing! Atari refused for their guys to take credit for the games they made? Well, they branched off and formed Activision, Imagic, etc. Action, reaction.

Instead of “oh, the outrage” over a game that was never once promised, I see it more as a win because that’s one more game in the library that is well produced, and isn’t crapped out by a cynical company.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » April 25th, 2019, 8:46 pm

Voor wrote:

Yeah, but if you look in this sub forum, there are many, many threads by you related to some injustice in the gaming industry.

This isn’t really a problem because like I said, gamers are used to it. If this bothers you, you’re going to constantly be frustrated with releases.

Nowadays, people buy multiple systems, but I actually liked it better in the old days when everyone could only afford one system. You picked the system that had the games you wanted the most and that was it.

The thing is people have been port begging like crazy for Switch, and some have came like Dragon Ball Fighter Z. Just the way Atlus/Sega teased us Persona 5 S was very Diablo Immortal like and a slap in the face, that my problem.

Return to “Modern Gaming”