Nintendo exposes Sony with this game.

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DrLitch

Re: Nintendo exposes Sony with this game.

Postby DrLitch » April 28th, 2019, 11:02 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:You have a good point, I should not follow them/take them seriously as that doing nothing but causing polarization. Also average joes do not know about these terms?

For first point they never have full nudity as it does censored effects that are in the Japan release thanks to CERO.

I did not mean to make it political it just lately their trying to combine the two and it does not mix well at all.

Oh, had to google, the full nude was a PC patch some people released. Not on Console. I kinda regret looking at that site as well,. It would be so wrong playing Lara Croft or Nier Automata with a nude character. I am amazed it exists.

Look, you do not need to apologize, you posted a thread and a lot of people were compelled to reply. That is a good thing, a big contribution.

Dude, check out the forums, you do not need to hide away or stick your head in the sand. As Darth Sidious said to Anakin "Take a broader view of the force". The thing about the internet is you wield the power - one click of a mouse button and you are somewhere else, perhaps on a site hosted thousands of miles from here. As an example, while I have my preferences, I am not against looking at feeds from Tim Pool or Ben Shapiro despite them being known trolls / political agitators. There is no one good side and one true bad side. It is not 1 or 0. Shades of Gray. I do not rely on one news source and prefer to pool resources from many. Amazing how one story can have a many interpretations. Is it a wave, particle? The allegory of the Cave, dancing images on the wall.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » April 28th, 2019, 11:50 pm

DrLitch wrote:Oh, had to google, the full nude was a PC patch some people released. Not on Console. I kinda regret looking at that site as well,. It would be so wrong playing Lara Croft or Nier Automata with a nude character. I am amazed it exists.

Look, you do not need to apologize, you posted a thread and a lot of people were compelled to reply. That is a good thing, a big contribution.

Dude, check out the forums, you do not need to hide away or stick your head in the sand. As Darth Sidious said to Anakin "Take a broader view of the force". The thing about the internet is you wield the power - one click of a mouse button and you are somewhere else, perhaps on a site hosted thousands of miles from here. As an example, while I have my preferences, I am not against looking at feeds from Tim Pool or Ben Shapiro despite them being known trolls / political agitators. There is no one good side and one true bad side. It is not 1 or 0. Shades of Gray. I do not rely on one news source and prefer to pool resources from many. Amazing how one story can have a many interpretations. Is it a wave, particle? The allegory of the Cave, dancing images on the wall.

Ok, even if it did cause controversy, it still had lots of replies.

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » April 29th, 2019, 10:20 pm

Wait—are you looking for genuine discussion, or are you fishing for replies? Admittedly, there were a lot but if you read through most of them, they weren’t necessarily part of a growing conversation. Most of the comments were of a questioning nature, wondering why you let this petty, inconsequential crap get to you.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » April 29th, 2019, 10:52 pm

BanjoPickles wrote:Wait—are you looking for genuine discussion, or are you fishing for replies? Admittedly, there were a lot but if you read through most of them, they weren’t necessarily part of a growing conversation. Most of the comments were of a questioning nature, wondering why you let this petty, inconsequential crap get to you.

I like to respond to post that I create to keep things going, but if it bugs you I might stop soon.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » April 30th, 2019, 2:37 am

Sonicx9 wrote:I like to respond to post that I create to keep things going, but if it bugs you I might stop soon.

Bumping your own thread is bad. It bugs everybody.

Voor

Postby Voor » April 30th, 2019, 7:44 am

It’s fine. Do whatever you want. We were just trying to encourage you to think outside of everything you read (which seemed to be mostly negative and trying too hard to be controversial).

Lots of good things happening in the industry, and lots of fun discussions to be had!!

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » April 30th, 2019, 11:34 am

Stalvern wrote:Bumping your own thread is bad. It bugs everybody.

What does bumping your own thread mean?

Voor wrote:It’s fine. Do whatever you want. We were just trying to encourage you to think outside of everything you read (which seemed to be mostly negative and trying too hard to be controversial).

Lots of good things happening in the industry, and lots of fun discussions to be had!!

I know I should try doing more positive/non controversial stuff going forward to make things better. And also think on your own not copy other peoples views.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » April 30th, 2019, 1:21 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:What does bumping your own thread mean?

Bumping a thread is posting in it just to keep it active, even if you don't have anything to say. (It "bumps" the thread to the top of the list.) Many forums have rules against bumping a thread the poster started if they don't have a good reason (for example, if they asked for help with something and didn't get an answer within a day or two), because it usually means that the poster just wants attention.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » April 30th, 2019, 4:09 pm

Stalvern wrote:Bumping a thread is posting in it just to keep it active, even if you don't have anything to say. (It "bumps" the thread to the top of the list.) Many forums have rules against bumping a thread the poster started if they don't have a good reason (for example, if they asked for help with something and didn't get an answer within a day or two), because it usually means that the poster just wants attention.

Ok, I get your point maybe I should not post too much, it also should be added as a rule for the forums going forward.

Return to “Modern Gaming”