Nintendo exposes Sony with this game.

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9

Re: Nintendo exposes Sony with this game.

Postby Sonicx9 » April 26th, 2019, 11:52 am

Stalvern wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:I am sorry, it just maybe this kind of stuff would work better on YouTube then forums like this? I am trying too hard at being the forums equivalent of ReviewTechUSA and Jim Sterling (who I am a fan of BTW.)

There's nothing stopping you from starting an actual YouTube channel if that's where your heart really is (as you have made very clear). A decent webcam won't even cost $50.

It would not be a bad idea, just YouTube comments/communities get toxic sometimes.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » April 26th, 2019, 11:59 am

Sonicx9 wrote:It would not be a bad idea, just YouTube comments/communities get toxic sometimes.

And the Reddit communities that you already follow aren't?

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » April 26th, 2019, 12:13 pm

It really isn't as unusual as you would think. Once again, there is BMX XXX which was released in, what, 2003? GTA: Chinatown Wars had you participating in drug dealing mini games on the same handheld that gave us Nintendogs and Cooking Mama. Fatal Fury 2/Special on SNES had jiggling breasts. In fact, scantilly-clad women in fighting games on Nintendo platforms are really nothing new. Games like No More Heroes on Wii had sexual innuendo as well. Even going as far back as Metroid 1, there was a code to play as Samus in a bikini! Nintendo may be more family friendly, in some respects, but all three companies do blur those lines. At this point, the only thing that would shock me would be a mass-produced game with rape (Rapeley, being an expoitive piece of garbage, doesn't count), or child sexual abuse. Other than that, all three companies have games with nudity, and all three still occasionally censor their games. I can't remember the name of the game, but I'm pretty sure that Nintendo has enforced censorship within the past five years or so.

Using such a small, insignificant piece of software doesn't really sell your point. It's like saying that Troll and I on Switch proved the point that software quality was slipping on the console. Not really. It was just a crappy game. The minute that Sony starts censoring nudity in games like God of War, or anything by David Cage, then you may be on to something.

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » April 26th, 2019, 12:16 pm

You don't even need a webcam if you have a cell phone made in the past decade.

I assume the game treats it's content like a joke; that probably explains the rating. This is probably more Captain Underpants than Barbarella.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » April 26th, 2019, 12:22 pm

It is a joke, but it's a very skeevy one. Definitely not Captain Underpants material.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » April 26th, 2019, 12:57 pm

Stalvern wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:It would not be a bad idea, just YouTube comments/communities get toxic sometimes.

And the Reddit communities that you already follow aren't?

Unfortunately yes.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » April 26th, 2019, 1:02 pm

BanjoPickles wrote:It really isn't as unusual as you would think. Once again, there is BMX XXX which was released in, what, 2003? GTA: Chinatown Wars had you participating in drug dealing mini games on the same handheld that gave us Nintendogs and Cooking Mama. Fatal Fury 2/Special on SNES had jiggling breasts. In fact, scantilly-clad women in fighting games on Nintendo platforms are really nothing new. Games like No More Heroes on Wii had sexual innuendo as well. Even going as far back as Metroid 1, there was a code to play as Samus in a bikini! Nintendo may be more family friendly, in some respects, but all three companies do blur those lines. At this point, the only thing that would shock me would be a mass-produced game with rape (Rapeley, being an expoitive piece of garbage, doesn't count), or child sexual abuse. Other than that, all three companies have games with nudity, and all three still occasionally censor their games. I can't remember the name of the game, but I'm pretty sure that Nintendo has enforced censorship within the past five years or so.

Using such a small, insignificant piece of software doesn't really sell your point. It's like saying that Troll and I on Switch proved the point that software quality was slipping on the console. Not really. It was just a crappy game. The minute that Sony starts censoring nudity in games like God of War, or anything by David Cage, then you may be on to something.

Did you see this link: https://www.oneangrygamer.net/sony-ps4- ... red-games/ or does it not count as most of the stuff as you would call it are small, insignificant piece of software

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » April 26th, 2019, 1:04 pm

pacman000 wrote:You don't even need a webcam if you have a cell phone made in the past decade.

I assume the game treats it's content like a joke; that probably explains the rating. This is probably more Captain Underpants than Barbarella.

Good points as yes this is more Captain Underpants level then the typical fansevice games. And cell phone would work.

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » April 26th, 2019, 1:41 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:
BanjoPickles wrote:It really isn't as unusual as you would think. Once again, there is BMX XXX which was released in, what, 2003? GTA: Chinatown Wars had you participating in drug dealing mini games on the same handheld that gave us Nintendogs and Cooking Mama. Fatal Fury 2/Special on SNES had jiggling breasts. In fact, scantilly-clad women in fighting games on Nintendo platforms are really nothing new. Games like No More Heroes on Wii had sexual innuendo as well. Even going as far back as Metroid 1, there was a code to play as Samus in a bikini! Nintendo may be more family friendly, in some respects, but all three companies do blur those lines. At this point, the only thing that would shock me would be a mass-produced game with rape (Rapeley, being an expoitive piece of garbage, doesn't count), or child sexual abuse. Other than that, all three companies have games with nudity, and all three still occasionally censor their games. I can't remember the name of the game, but I'm pretty sure that Nintendo has enforced censorship within the past five years or so.

Did you see this link: https://www.oneangrygamer.net/sony-ps4- ... red-games/ or does it not count as most of the stuff as you would call it are small, insignificant piece of software

I saw the list. I still don’t buy it because of its inconstancy. If censorship was a serious issue, you would see it in games like Red Dead 2, GTA V, Heavy Rajn, God of War, etc. This isn’t like Nintendo’s censorship guidelines of old, which impacted every release with questionable content. Nintendo also had a policy that was readily available for anybody who cared to read it. I’m not able to find Sony’s policy.

Once again, even with a link, it consists mainly of niche, and junk, games. When the day comes when Sony starts censoring Mortal Kombat, that’s the day when it will be a real issue.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » April 26th, 2019, 2:13 pm

It's a great list. Oh no, I can't play Sengoku Hime 7 on my PS4 with the original uncensored "nipple pokies". The body pillow ads in the sidebar (directly above a tag for articles about Gamergate, naturally) say pretty much everything about how serious this issue is.

Return to “Modern Gaming”