Nintendo exposes Sony with this game.

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9
Posts: 1818
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Re: Nintendo exposes Sony with this game.

Postby Sonicx9 » April 26th, 2019, 3:45 pm

BanjoPickles wrote:
I saw the list. I still don’t buy it because of its inconstancy. If censorship was a serious issue, you would see it in games like Red Dead 2, GTA V, Heavy Rajn, God of War, etc. This isn’t like Nintendo’s censorship guidelines of old, which impacted every release with questionable content. Nintendo also had a policy that was readily available for anybody who cared to read it. I’m not able to find Sony’s policy.

Once again, even with a link, it consists mainly of niche, and junk, games. When the day comes when Sony starts censoring Mortal Kombat, that’s the day when it will be a real issue.


and

Stalvern wrote:It's a great list. Oh no, I can't play Sengoku Hime 7 on my PS4 with the original uncensored "nipple pokies". The body pillow ads in the sidebar (directly above a tag for articles about Gamergate, naturally) say pretty much everything about how serious this issue is.


A little late response for both but anyways, if you say certain games/series like Senran Kagura, expect lots of hate on Reddit/Twitter/Facebook/YouTube. etc. As they have a sacred cow cult following similar to Earthbound. The most mainstream game to be censored is Devil May Cry 5 for the (EU/AU versions.). Also Crappy Games wiki hates the censorship: https://crappygames.miraheze.org/wiki/S ... ystation_4 and even hate this: https://crappygames.miraheze.org/wiki/S ... r_Consoles.

Hate to be a pessimist, but to me the Anti-SJW/#GamerGate, PC Master Race/Tea Party are almost the same people sometimes because they are the ones that make a big deal about it on the internet. Also Elitist and haters are the same thing.

And last thing to say, despite the censorship controversies with Sony PlayStation, the censored PS4 of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Scarlet outsold Switch despite the controversy: https://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/japa ... arch-24th/ this is polar opposite compared to SNES vs Genesis Mortal Kombat. It shows that bad word of mouth means nothing as people do not practice what they preach.

Do you guys think I go hand and hand with YouTube celebrities by bandaging things because that what many of them do?

User avatar
Stalvern
Posts: 1208
Joined: June 18th, 2016, 7:15 pm

Re: Nintendo exposes Sony with this game.

Postby Stalvern » April 26th, 2019, 4:07 pm

I think that you should stop reading these websites and watching these YouTube channels. They have an unhealthily insular perspective.

Sonicx9
Posts: 1818
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Re: Nintendo exposes Sony with this game.

Postby Sonicx9 » April 26th, 2019, 4:11 pm

Stalvern wrote:I think that you should stop reading these websites and watching these YouTube channels. They have an unhealthily insular perspective.


What does unhealthily insular perspective mean? Also many of them claim they are not elitist but act like elitist? Also I like reading and watching them. Also you contradicted yourself because you previously said "Watch all the videos and read all the articles you want. Just have a sense of perspective and engage them in good faith, rather than accepting them unquestioningly (those videos) or putting words in their mouths (the reviews here)." from the "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate vs Super Smash Bros. for Wii U" so now you want to change that?

User avatar
Stalvern
Posts: 1208
Joined: June 18th, 2016, 7:15 pm

Re: Nintendo exposes Sony with this game.

Postby Stalvern » April 26th, 2019, 4:54 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:What does unhealthily insular perspective mean?

Insularity is introverted isolation; it's from the Latin word for "island". You make an insightful connection in this part of your post:
Sonicx9 wrote:Hate to be a pessimist, but to me the Anti-SJW/#GamerGate, PC Master Race/Tea Party are almost the same people sometimes because they are the ones that make a big deal about it on the internet.

All of these movements are built on an us-against-the-world mentality. These people respond to things in the world that they dislike by closing themselves off from it and reviling outsiders as either willing enforcers or unthinking instruments of systems designed to erase them, which they battle valiantly by screaming on the Internet (often to the point of outright harassment). "Incels" are another example of this kind of community. People withdraw deeper and deeper into these echo chambers, working themselves up into rage with increasingly esoteric and convoluted rationales for why everyone else has it in for them. The theme in all of this is the recognition of only one's own perspective and the dehumanization of others. There's a term for it, "motive attribution asymmetry" – it's the idea that your actions and words are sincere but theirs have an ulterior motive, because you refuse to believe that anyone could actually have different ideas from yours validly, and disagreement must therefore be the result of either calculating self-interest or irrational bias. (If it needs spelling out, I'm using a hypothetical "you" here, not saying this about you personally.) This leads to isolation from others and a useless hatred that darkens the soul.

Sonicx9 wrote:Also you contradicted yourself because you previously said "Watch all the videos and read all the articles you want. Just have a sense of perspective and engage them in good faith, rather than accepting them unquestioningly (those videos) or putting words in their mouths (the reviews here)." from the "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate vs Super Smash Bros. for Wii U" so now you want to change that?

I don't think that you have that sense of perspective. You read these sites uncritically, and they're a bad influence on you. The constant outrage in your posts is already unhealthy, but the expectation that we would all be scandalized about hentai games not getting their due on the PS4 was downright delusional. Go outside or read a book instead of pushing yourself deeper into this rabbit hole. Voor said it on this thread's first page:

Voor wrote:I suggest you take a break from the negative material you view.....and just focus on what you enjoy about the hobby.

Sonicx9
Posts: 1818
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Re: Nintendo exposes Sony with this game.

Postby Sonicx9 » April 26th, 2019, 5:12 pm

Stalvern wrote:Insularity is introverted isolation; it's from the Latin word for "island". You make an insightful connection in this part of your post:

All of these movements are built on an us-against-the-world mentality. These people respond to things in the world that they dislike by closing themselves off from it and reviling outsiders as either willing enforcers or unthinking instruments of systems designed to erase them, which they battle valiantly by screaming on the Internet (often to the point of outright harassment). "Incels" are another example of this kind of community. People withdraw deeper and deeper into these echo chambers, working themselves up into rage with increasingly esoteric and convoluted rationales for why everyone else has it in for them. The theme in all of this is the recognition of only one's own perspective and the dehumanization of others. There's a term for it, "motive attribution asymmetry" – it's the idea that your actions and words are sincere but theirs have an ulterior motive, because you refuse to believe that anyone could actually have different ideas from yours validly, and disagreement must therefore be the result of either calculating self-interest or irrational bias. (If it needs spelling out, I'm using a hypothetical "you" here, not saying this about you personally.) This leads to isolation from others and a useless hatred that darkens the soul.

I don't think that you have that sense of perspective. You read these sites uncritically, and they're a bad influence on you. The constant outrage in your posts is already unhealthy, but the expectation that we would all be scandalized about hentai games not getting their due on the PS4 was downright delusional. Go outside or read a book instead of pushing yourself deeper into this rabbit hole. Voor said it on this thread's first page:

Voor wrote:I suggest you take a break from the negative material you view.....and just focus on what you enjoy about the hobby.


Anyways I read it and I do admit I do take opinions and movements way too seriously, and do you agree I fit right in with the YouTube gaming community or no? Also worth mentioning is Anti-SJW may be worse then Pro-SJW people sometimes. Also it Ecchi not Hentai as that is not allowed on consoles. Also many of these movements tend to have big egos along with YouTube celebrities?

User avatar
Stalvern
Posts: 1208
Joined: June 18th, 2016, 7:15 pm

Re: Nintendo exposes Sony with this game.

Postby Stalvern » April 26th, 2019, 5:18 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:do you agree I fit right in with the YouTube gaming community or no?

I just think that a YouTube channel would be a better outlet for you than all these threads. You could have a thread in Other Media for your channel and update that with your videos instead of scattering your latest thoughts all over the place. You love YouTube, so why not?

Sonicx9
Posts: 1818
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Re: Nintendo exposes Sony with this game.

Postby Sonicx9 » April 26th, 2019, 5:22 pm

Stalvern wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:do you agree I fit right in with the YouTube gaming community or no?

I just think that a YouTube channel would be a better outlet for you than all these threads. You could have a thread in Other Media for your channel and update that with your videos instead of scattering your latest thoughts all over the place. You love YouTube, so why not?


I would if I get the chance, just time/money and most of all the toxic community, and can I post here still if I start a YouTube channel or no?

BanjoPickles
Posts: 287
Joined: June 18th, 2015, 3:05 pm

Re: Nintendo exposes Sony with this game.

Postby BanjoPickles » April 26th, 2019, 5:22 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:
BanjoPickles wrote:
I saw the list. I still don’t buy it because of its inconstancy. If censorship was a serious issue, you would see it in games like Red Dead 2, GTA V, Heavy Rajn, God of War, etc. This isn’t like Nintendo’s censorship guidelines of old, which impacted every release with questionable content. Nintendo also had a policy that was readily available for anybody who cared to read it. I’m not able to find Sony’s policy.

Once again, even with a link, it consists mainly of niche, and junk, games. When the day comes when Sony starts censoring Mortal Kombat, that’s the day when it will be a real issue.


and

Stalvern wrote:It's a great list. Oh no, I can't play Sengoku Hime 7 on my PS4 with the original uncensored "nipple pokies". The body pillow ads in the sidebar (directly above a tag for articles about Gamergate, naturally) say pretty much everything about how serious this issue is.


A little late response for both but anyways, if you say certain games/series like Senran Kagura, expect lots of hate on Reddit/Twitter/Facebook/YouTube. etc. As they have a sacred cow cult following similar to Earthbound. The most mainstream game to be censored is Devil May Cry 5 for the (EU/AU versions.). Also Crappy Games wiki hates the censorship: https://crappygames.miraheze.org/wiki/S ... ystation_4 and even hate this: https://crappygames.miraheze.org/wiki/S ... r_Consoles.

Hate to be a pessimist, but to me the Anti-SJW/#GamerGate, PC Master Race/Tea Party are almost the same people sometimes because they are the ones that make a big deal about it on the internet. Also Elitist and haters are the same thing.

And last thing to say, despite the censorship controversies with Sony PlayStation, the censored PS4 of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Scarlet outsold Switch despite the controversy: https://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/japa ... arch-24th/ this is polar opposite compared to SNES vs Genesis Mortal Kombat. It shows that bad word of mouth means nothing as people do not practice what they preach.

Do you guys think I go hand and hand with YouTube celebrities by bandaging things because that what many of them do?


I'll answer what I can.

I think that you put way too much stock into what others think. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. Out of my top fifty games of all time, here is a sample of some of them:

-Friday the 13th (NES)
-The NES port of Metal Gear
-The Simpsons Bart Vs. the Space Mutants
-Track and Field 2

Some people would probably be shocked by that and take on a "for shame" mindset, but I don't care. I like what I like. The gaming media? I use it for news of upcoming releases, but their opinion means jack to me. Don't get me wrong, I like listening to INSIGHTFUL reviews/opinion videos, but I don't look at it like it's the gospel. I do love gaming history, and I pride myself on knowing a pretty decent amount about it, but there is no black and white when it comes to what is good and bad, right and wrong, when discussing gaming.

As far as the SJW thing----honestly man, I'm thirty-eight years old. I could care less what people on the internet think about me.That's the best thing about my pending middle age: the shackles of public opinion have been broken for years, and I'm now at the age where I can walk outside in my bathrobe and the only people who feel any sort of embarrassment are the people who would waste their time judging a guy who doesn't care.

Sonicx9
Posts: 1818
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Re: Nintendo exposes Sony with this game.

Postby Sonicx9 » April 26th, 2019, 5:33 pm

BanjoPickles wrote:
I'll answer what I can.

I think that you put way too much stock into what others think. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. Out of my top fifty games of all time, here is a sample of some of them:

-Friday the 13th (NES)
-The NES port of Metal Gear
-The Simpsons Bart Vs. the Space Mutants
-Track and Field 2

Some people would probably be shocked by that and take on a "for shame" mindset, but I don't care. I like what I like. The gaming media? I use it for news of upcoming releases, but their opinion means jack to me. Don't get me wrong, I like listening to INSIGHTFUL reviews/opinion videos, but I don't look at it like it's the gospel. I do love gaming history, and I pride myself on knowing a pretty decent amount about it, but there is no black and white when it comes to what is good and bad, right and wrong, when discussing gaming.

As far as the SJW thing----honestly man, I'm thirty-eight years old. I could care less what people on the internet think about me.That's the best thing about my pending middle age: the shackles of public opinion have been broken for years, and I'm now at the age where I can walk outside in my bathrobe and the only people who feel any sort of embarrassment are the people who would waste their time judging a guy who doesn't care.


Anyways, I have an unpopular opinion, I don't think Sonic Forces is as bad as people make it out to be, great game no, worst thing ever hell no. Also I have started a thread about why I think PS4 and Xbox One are pointless if you have a good gaming PC: https://videogamecritic.com/forums/view ... 97&t=17713 even though some of the examples use YouTube but still.

User avatar
Stalvern
Posts: 1208
Joined: June 18th, 2016, 7:15 pm

Re: Nintendo exposes Sony with this game.

Postby Stalvern » April 26th, 2019, 5:42 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:I would if I get the chance, just time/money and most of all the toxic community, and can I post here still if I start a YouTube channel or no?

You're really overstating "the toxic community" and the impact that it would actually have on you. Worst-case scenario, you can disable comments, but expecting YouTube comments on any video to not be awful is laughable anyway. Spite is meaningless; ignore it.

Nothing wrong with posting, YouTube channel or not, but starting multiple threads a day for the same few complaints is just clutter.


Return to “Modern Gaming”