Nintendo exposes Sony with this game.

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Stalvern

Re: Nintendo exposes Sony with this game.

Postby Stalvern » April 28th, 2019, 1:33 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:The thing is I am not a PC gamer fan at all, and I have been bullied by the PC Master Race community, I swear they act like Tea Party/Infowars community as they treat console gaming like communism and want people to hate consoles even those that are not PC Gaming fans like me. Also I have bad past PC experiences as my PC where junk for gaming back then with virus/malware and other frustrating tech issues which is why I stick with consoles/handhelds.

[...]

That PC Master Race community is toxic and is the reason why I stay away from PC gaming.

[...]

I agree, I am not a PC builder and don't know how to do it, it just I was bullied by the PC Master Race community and want me to bash consoles which is terrible. Also that community is like a cult.

Sonicx9 wrote:The problem is the niech gaming community does treat any form of change censorship regardless of how small the change is.

As for OAG, you will be surprised that a few left leaning individuals like Mundane Matt aka Matt Jarbo use OAG for news, although some may consider OAG more libertarian leaning but keep in note that the libertarian party can be just as psycho as the PC Master Race, Anti-SJW/#GamerGate, Tea Party, etc so it hard to say? But what odd is Mundane Matt aka Matt Jarbo says he is libertarian and hates censorship, yet he flags videos down which shows that they do not practise what they preach.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG9rLnVs8wU

I'm having trouble understanding this. By your own estimation, the "PC Master Race" are toxic, extremist bullies, and "Anti-SJW" libertarians are psychotic and hypocritical, yet you seem to interact with them a lot and take their ideas seriously. Generally, if I think that someone is unreasonable or immoral, I don't waste my time on them. What keeps drawing you to these groups?

Voor

Postby Voor » April 28th, 2019, 1:48 pm

I agree. Arguing with people on the internet is probably the biggest time waster of this century. Stay away from them and engage more with people who share your views on the hobby.

The only time I hear about “PC master race” is from you, and I just think “sounds like a bunch of losers”, and move on.

It’s probably true that PCs are the technically best machines for games, but who cares? It comes down to what is the most fun.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » April 28th, 2019, 1:59 pm

Stalvern wrote:I'm having trouble understanding this. By your own estimation, the "PC Master Race" are toxic, extremist bullies, and "Anti-SJW" libertarians are psychotic and hypocritical, yet you seem to interact with them a lot and take their ideas seriously. Generally, if I think that someone is unreasonable or immoral, I don't waste my time on them. What keeps drawing you to these groups?

The thing is many of these groups are similar to the Bronies "Join The Herd" mentality, and they want people to be apart of it as it make outsiders look lame. They also like to say "mainstream is evil" and "AAA is evil" mentality. It almost like Nazi Germany mentality and it disgusting so I do not know how to think for myself as I feel guilty for not being a puppet. Also PC Master Race says if console never existed it would be a way better world when it not.

I missed the days when it was not so black and white as many of these groups are black and white.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » April 28th, 2019, 2:06 pm

Voor wrote:I agree. Arguing with people on the internet is probably the biggest time waster of this century. Stay away from them and engage more with people who share your views on the hobby.

The only time I hear about “PC master race” is from you, and I just think “sounds like a bunch of losers”, and move on.

It’s probably true that PCs are the technically best machines for games, but who cares? It comes down to what is the most fun.

Maybe I should stay away from them as it shows why video gaming gets a bad name. As for PC master race I heard it from YouTube and later Reddit, and lately PC elites have gotten way worse once the movement rose into power in the early 2010 getting out of hand around the PS4 and Xbox One being released.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » April 28th, 2019, 2:53 pm

I understand needing a place to fit in and have discussions, and I sympathize with your dissatisfaction in how polarized online communities have become. I find that large sites like Reddit and Twitter particularly encourage this with their upvote/favorite systems – people clump together in echo chambers where they all agree and click the arrow or heart on each other's posts and eventually drive themselves up their own rear ends. The places where I've found that I'm happiest have been forums, where there's no voting and moderation is consistent, and chat servers for the smaller podcasts that I listen to, where the communities are close-knit and relaxed. This forum itself is a good example of the quiet, friendly spaces that make the Internet pleasant rather than bleak. It's like the Cheers theme says: "Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name." Look for communities like that instead of crowded spaces where people are always angry. If you can fit in here, I'm sure that there are other places for you too.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » April 28th, 2019, 4:08 pm

Stalvern wrote:I understand needing a place to fit in and have discussions, and I sympathize with your dissatisfaction in how polarized online communities have become. I find that large sites like Reddit and Twitter particularly encourage this with their upvote/favorite systems – people clump together in echo chambers where they all agree and click the arrow or heart on each other's posts and eventually drive themselves up their own rear ends. The places where I've found that I'm happiest have been forums, where there's no voting and moderation is consistent, and chat servers for the smaller podcasts that I listen to, where the communities are close-knit and relaxed. This forum itself is a good example of the quiet, friendly spaces that make the Internet pleasant rather than bleak. It's like the Cheers theme says: "Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name." Look for communities like that instead of crowded spaces where people are always angry. If you can fit in here, I'm sure that there are other places for you too.

Great point, this will help me be more positive as I do admit, I do take negative too seriously, also YouTube and maybe Gamefaqs has the same problem as well.

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » April 28th, 2019, 4:14 pm

Wow, "OAG", "SJW/anti-SJW", "PC Master Race, #gamergate", I have almost no clue what the heck these things even are. I think some of you need to take a break from the internet for a little while. It sounds like someone is going out of their way to find buried, dark-corners-of-the-internet spaces that hold views and opinions you don't agree with and then getting all riled up about them.

There are always going to be people that have different viewpoints from your own, and there will always be people who cannot or will not engage in a civil discussion about those differences. When you find them, ignore them and move on. If you find an online community that is too polarized for your tastes, stop visiting them.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 28th, 2019, 6:12 pm

Well said C64 Critic! I've never even understood what threads like these are supposed to be about.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » April 28th, 2019, 8:50 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:You better not say the first thing to certain fanbases like Senran Kagura, expect lots of hate on Reddit/Twitter/Facebook/YouTube. etc. As they have a sacred cow cult following similar to Earthbound. Also you PM me, but it did not come?

Senran Kagura? Oh yeah I remember this one. PS Vita right? Hack n Slash with Anime girls, boob jiggles and skimpy outfits, I think there was full nudity option as well. Yeah as I said I do not have a dog in this fight. If a new Senran game comes on the PS4 and the outfits are gender neutral cardboard boxes, then those that want to see nudity/yuri stuff in an anime game can always boycot the Sony release and download the game on Steam (or visit various xxx sites that probably have a free video to look at).

The PM to you was my opinion on this subject. I do not have time or inclination to defend points of view on a forum where many can read and reply. Were someone to get triggered by an opinion - particularly a "lit" topic where one may have strong political feelings about it, getting into online banter is no longer something that stirs my inner passions. Anyway folks on this forum seem level headed and not particularly political but it is best to avoid discussions of this nature - it only takes two to kick off a bar room brawl.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » April 28th, 2019, 9:45 pm

A little late but here goes nothing.

C64_Critic wrote:Wow, "OAG", "SJW/anti-SJW", "PC Master Race, #gamergate", I have almost no clue what the heck these things even are. I think some of you need to take a break from the internet for a little while. It sounds like someone is going out of their way to find buried, dark-corners-of-the-internet spaces that hold views and opinions you don't agree with and then getting all riled up about them.

There are always going to be people that have different viewpoints from your own, and there will always be people who cannot or will not engage in a civil discussion about those differences. When you find them, ignore them and move on. If you find an online community that is too polarized for your tastes, stop visiting them.

You have a good point, I should not follow them/take them seriously as that doing nothing but causing polarization. Also average joes do not know about these terms?

VideoGameCritic wrote:Well said C64 Critic! I've never even understood what threads like these are supposed to be about.

What these threads are about it controversial movements that have risen up in the 2010's decade that have been a hot button issue for thoses that follow the internet. Heck you can look up terms like "SJW/anti-SJW", "PC Master Race, #gamergate" on Wikipedia for more details and lately Sony has been censoring Japanese games which have also caused controversy.

DrLitch wrote:
Senran Kagura? Oh yeah I remember this one. PS Vita right? Hack n Slash with Anime girls, boob jiggles and skimpy outfits, I think there was full nudity option as well. Yeah as I said I do not have a dog in this fight. If a new Senran game comes on the PS4 and the outfits are gender neutral cardboard boxes, then those that want to see nudity/yuri stuff in an anime game can always boycot the Sony release and download the game on Steam (or visit various xxx sites that probably have a free video to look at).

The PM to you was my opinion on this subject. I do not have time or inclination to defend points of view on a forum where many can read and reply. Were someone to get triggered by an opinion - particularly a "lit" topic where one may have strong political feelings about it, getting into online banter is no longer something that stirs my inner passions. Anyway folks on this forum seem level headed and not particularly political but it is best to avoid discussions of this nature - it only takes two to kick off a bar room brawl.

For first point they never have full nudity as it does censored effects that are in the Japan release thanks to CERO.

I did not mean to make it political it just lately their trying to combine the two and it does not mix well at all.

Return to “Modern Gaming”