Mario Maker 2

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Voor

Mario Maker 2

Postby Voor » May 17th, 2019, 3:48 pm

I watched the Direct, and it looks pretty great. Some things that stood out to me:

—super Mario land as a new style (with its own unique enemies and features)
—a “dislike” button, hopefully to help weed out trash levels
—“Endless” mode: get 5 lives and see how many levels you can beat. Leaderboards too.
—online multiplayer: both coop and versus. This actually sounds like a lot of fun. My kids and I still enjoy Mario Wii for the multiplayer alone. Doing this online could be great.

Atariboy

Re: Mario Maker 2

Postby Atariboy » May 17th, 2019, 8:33 pm

Super Mario 3D World is the style, not Super Mario Land. :)

I'm not posting so much to correct you as to add that I'd love to see a Super Mario Land style be included here. While I suspect you meant Super Mario 3D Land, I'd love to see a Super Mario Land 1 or 2 style. There's a conspicuously empty spot in the theme menu that Nintendo showed off next to the SM3DW style, so hopefully we'll have at least one more theme when this releases.

I'm disappointed though that no mention of stringing together levels was made. Super Mario Maker is just great, but to really bring this to the next level, we need to be allowed to string levels together to craft a full game. Playing a bunch of one off levels feels more like a tease than anything. Next to slopes, I feel like this was what was most requested for a sequel.

If Nintendo perhaps feels that feature is too daunting for the average user as they're overwhelmed trying to make many levels instead of just one good level, or perhaps is concerned about server space, just let users prove the popularity of their work.

Just as you're capped in how many uploads you're allowed until you get enough community votes to up your capacity, require a certain number of votes on single level uploads so that a user has proven their talent and dedication before being allowed to upload a full 8 world/32 level Mario platformer to Nintendo's servers.

pacman000

Re: Mario Maker 2

Postby pacman000 » May 18th, 2019, 2:29 pm

I'd like a peer-to-peer feature. While sharing with the world is nice sometimes you just want to show your latest level to a friend.

Return to “Modern Gaming”