Nintendo Switch Lite announced

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Voor

Re: Nintendo Switch Lite announced

Postby Voor » July 10th, 2019, 8:29 pm

I’m super excited for it. I had a 2DS a while back and have been debating on getting a 2DSXL or switch for a while. Obviously a big price difference, and as mentioned, the 3DS library is over. But it’s games are great and I’m the type to only own 5-6 games per system.

I really enjoy playing handhelds more these days, and the regular switch felt a bit bulky in handheld mode to me. So this is actually right up my ally. Debating now between preorder or waiting for reviews.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » July 11th, 2019, 11:03 am

This does look cool, and if I didn't already have the current switch, I'd be tempted to buy this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the switch lite do everything the current switch does, minus the detachable joycons? I know there's also no dock, but you can plug it into a tv and play using a pro controller. does it use wired controllers?

David

Postby David » July 11th, 2019, 4:08 pm

Nintendo’s website specifically says it will not output to a TV, so just plugging a USB C to HDMI cable into it won’t work. The Switch operates differently docked vs undocked and games output to different resolutions so this won’t be something you can just get around.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » July 12th, 2019, 7:54 pm

Actually not at all a terrible idea or terrible deal. $200. How much was the 3DS at retail? XL version was $200 as well if memory serves me right. However, I already own a Switch, no need to move here. Would not mind seeing a Pro Version of this console. I like to hook up all my equipment to a 4K panel.

Voor

Postby Voor » July 12th, 2019, 9:39 pm

Question for switch owners: is it hard to keep the screen scratch free? That is cool thing about the 3DS’ clamshell design.

Verm3

Postby Verm3 » July 14th, 2019, 1:51 am

I use a screen protector on my switch and that has been fine for me to keep it scratch free.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » July 18th, 2019, 3:51 pm

Nintendo also announced a version of the current switch with slightly better battery life coming next month. I always act like battery life is a huge deal to me, but I guess it isn't really. Mine is always in the dock when I'm not using it.

I have been playing NBA playgrounds while sitting outside this summer and it's been great. I can easily say that I would not have spent as many hours playing it if I had to be tied to a game system but it is nice to have the option of playing on the big screen every once in a while.

So this new switch lite cant connect to a TV. I have a prediction that Nintendo will start selling adapters to make it hook up to a TV, and you can use your switch lite as a controller.

Return to “Modern Gaming”