The lame excuse as why EA is not bringing many of its games on Switch!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
BlasteroidAli

Re: The lame excuse as why EA is not bringing many of its games on Switch!

Postby BlasteroidAli » September 12th, 2019, 8:08 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:
MSR1701 wrote:
I want to day I heard the same thing about Bioware after EA bought them, after Dragon Age 2, after Mass Effect 3, and a few other similar incidents.

Sadly, as developers are absorbed and reorganized by large corporate publishers, much of the talent and settings that allowed for what the developer was known for are phased out or removed. Look at so many companies in the late 80s and the late 90s that were absorbed and their talent either left for other ventures or just outright retired from development.

You are not wrong after EA bought Bioware, they have gone more downhill starting with Dragon Age 2 to only have things get really bad by the time Anthem came out. And not the first time either look at Konami buying Hudson Soft and making them more mainstream AAA like Konami, it does not work, especially considering the now infamous Bomberman: Act Zero was more of Konami doing then Hudson and boy does it show!

I think bomber man was on the switch and the xbox1. I played it on the bone and was not impressed. After Saturn Bomberman everything for the series was downhill.

Sonicx9

Re: The lame excuse as why EA is not bringing many of its games on Switch!

Postby Sonicx9 » September 12th, 2019, 8:24 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:
MSR1701 wrote:
I want to day I heard the same thing about Bioware after EA bought them, after Dragon Age 2, after Mass Effect 3, and a few other similar incidents.

Sadly, as developers are absorbed and reorganized by large corporate publishers, much of the talent and settings that allowed for what the developer was known for are phased out or removed. Look at so many companies in the late 80s and the late 90s that were absorbed and their talent either left for other ventures or just outright retired from development.

You are not wrong after EA bought Bioware, they have gone more downhill starting with Dragon Age 2 to only have things get really bad by the time Anthem came out. And not the first time either look at Konami buying Hudson Soft and making them more mainstream AAA like Konami, it does not work, especially considering the now infamous Bomberman: Act Zero was more of Konami doing then Hudson and boy does it show!

I think bomber man was on the switch and the xbox1. I played it on the bone and was not impressed. After Saturn Bomberman everything for the series was downhill.

Super Bomberman R is Konami era Bomberman, and Bomberman: Act Zero is Konami owned Hudson era, and Saturn Bomberman is regular Hudson era.

Return to “Modern Gaming”